Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

But, check the exact model. As you quoted a previous post, I assume you have the N647. If you have one of the other two versions of the WiFi, this image won't work.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #107
ogerli
ogerli began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi n647
Hi David

Please, help. The same problem. Kobo Ereader wifi (n647) doesn't show any books. When connecting to PC, there're no folders starting with '.', like '.kobo' etc.

the reader was given to me and it seems somebody formatted the internal sd card. Would me very kind if you could send me a link for an sd card image to give this otherwise working e-reader some life back

ogerli

fyi
i chatted with kobo support for some extended time. she said if the card was formatted there is nothing she could do. sad.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogerli View Post
Please, help. The same problem. Kobo Ereader wifi (n647) doesn't show any books. When connecting to PC, there're no folders starting with '.', like '.kobo' etc.

the reader was given to me and it seems somebody formatted the internal sd card. Would me very kind if you could send me a link for an sd card image to give this otherwise working e-reader some life back

ogerli

fyi
i chatted with kobo support for some extended time. she said if the card was formatted there is nothing she could do. sad.
If someone had formatted the internal SD card, then you wouldn't see this. If they had, the device wouldn't boot and wouldn't connect to the PC. I have sent you a PM with the link to the image. But, before trying that, try a factory reset. It might fix it and is easier than opening the device.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #109
OnrayP
OnrayP began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi eReader
Could I also get a link to the image for the Kobo N647? Mine is not showing the books, though the show up in Calibre.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #111
emorano
emorano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
N647 image

Hi David,
May I please have the link to the N647 image?
Mine has bricked doing an update and now it won't boot up, it stops after loading the fifth small black square.
Thank you!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #113
Kmaguire
Kmaguire began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi; kobo touch
Hi
Same problem as others with a Kobo Wireless (N647). I have tried the reset, factory reset, etc. I have taken out the internal Micro SD chip., and downloaded the MiniTool Partition Wizard and Image Tool. If you could send the Firmware, that would be much appreciated.
Should I attempt to re-image the original 2 GB chip, or use a new one? I have an 8GB microSD which i could use, but prev posts seem to indicate that might be too big.
Many thanks.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

If there are no issues with the current card, you can reuse it. But, it is getting old, so replacing won't hurt. I don't know what size cards will work in the WiFi. I would expect a 4GB to work. 8GB cards will work in all the later devices, but I don't know about the WiFi.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:21 AM   #115
marjie 9517
marjie 9517 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647b
Many thanks David for help with the kobo N647 B image.
Marjie
Old 03-31-2019, 09:48 AM   #116
obokobok
obokobok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
@davidfor

Can I get a copy of the n647 firmware image please?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2019, 06:32 PM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #118
Markca07
Markca07 began at the beginning.

Hi - I am new member. I just got an old Kobo N647 Wifi, for the purpose of reading borrowed books from my local library. I did a factory reset, connect to my laptop with windows 10. window recognizes it, and it show up in window explorer. However, Kobo desktop, and ADE does not recognize it at all. I tried ADE latest version and also older version 2.0 with same problem. Any help or suggestion is welcome. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markca07 View Post
Hi - I am new member. I just got an old Kobo N647 Wifi, for the purpose of reading borrowed books from my local library. I did a factory reset, connect to my laptop with windows 10. window recognizes it, and it show up in window explorer. However, Kobo desktop, and ADE does not recognize it at all. I tried ADE latest version and also older version 2.0 with same problem. Any help or suggestion is welcome. Thank you in advance.
I don't know if this is a result of the common problem with the Kobo WiFi were it stops seeing books on the device. The only known fix is to restore a working image to the internal SD card. But, I don't think that no being seen by ADE or the Kobo desktop is a symptom of that.

The Kobo desktop not seeing the device could be a result of Kobo dropping support for the WiFi as of the end of February. Details can be seen in Changes at Kobo - Kobo WiFi dropped +. But, that shouldn't have affected ADE seeing the device.

Can Windows write to the device? Can you see the books currently on it? If you manually put a book on it, does it show after disconnecting? If you can't do one of these, I would probably suggest restoring the image to the internal card. I can send you a link to the image if you want to try.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #120
Markca07
Markca07 began at the beginning.

Hi davidfor - Thank you for your detail response. Since I did a factory reset on the device, I do not currently have any books on it, but before I reset, I do see books from previous owner. I will try to see if I can drop\write any dpf file from window explore to the device, when I get home today. Do I need to create or drop the file into any specific folder of the device to test?
Closed Thread