Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-22-2024, 05:57 PM   #3991
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Joffe's free Friday (sometimes weekend) romance is Unbidden Melody, which is the seventh in the Warrender Saga by Mary Burchell. There are also a mystery (see the Mystery thread) and a historical novel (Fiction - everything else) free at the moment.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713X3SWC
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0713X3SWC

Spoiler:
Quote:
When Mary Barlow, a dedicated opera lover, takes a job in the office of the renowned impresario Dermot Deane, little does she expect her work to become so personal.

Just weeks into her new job, she finds herself hosting Nicholas Brenner, a tenor she has long since admired.

Brenner, recently widowed, takes comfort in the simple but kindly company of Mary and their friendship quickly blossoms into something more.

Mary tells herself firmly that she could never really belong in Nicholas’s world and that to fall in love with him could only bring her heartbreak, particularly with the threatening mezzo Suzanne Thomas nearby.

They both have their insecurities to contend with, and nobody would ever claim it would be an easy romance, but how could Mary stop herself?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 04:21 PM   #3992
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Tested by Temptation (Tracking Trouble #5) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 stars)
Also up to Shards of Hope in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 3-24.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	207132  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 04:48 PM   #3993
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, the book is in my TBR (I've just gotten it from patreon).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:56 AM   #3994
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

Knight Protector - Lindsay Buroker

Smashwords---Not Free at Amazon & Kobo when I checked

***It's a standalone novel set in the Star Kingdom universe
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:04 AM   #3995
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

1) The Golden Gryphon and the Bear Prince (Heirs of Magic - Book 1) -
Jeffe Kennedy

Amazon US---Kobo US---Smashwords

2) The Long Night of the Crystalline Moon (Heirs of Magic - Prequel Novella) - Jeffe Kennedy

Amazon US---Kobo US---Smashwords
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:42 PM   #3996
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, Lindsay Buroker's The Emperor's Edge Collection, which is the first three books in her Emperor's Edge series, is free right now at Kindle US and UK, but not at Smashwords. But the first book is free on Smashwords, as well as Kindle US and UK, and Kobo US. And probably Kobo UK, but I don't look there much...

The Emperor's Edge Collection (books 1 - 3)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YU6EVI
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007YU6EVI

The Emperor's Edge (book 1)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1TDB0
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...n-era-of-steam
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1TDB0
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31003
Old 03-31-2024, 02:19 PM   #3997
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • An Accident Waiting to Dragon (Brimstone Inc #7) by Abigail Owen (A-/5 stars)
  • Peril in the Shallows (New York Harbor Patrol #2) by Addison Fox (B-/3 stars)
  • A Diamond for His Defiant Cinderella by Lorraine Hall (C-/2 stars)
Also up to Allegiance of Honor in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 3-31.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	207260  
Old 04-05-2024, 01:01 PM   #3998
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

If you want to read Sanctuary, the current web serial by author-duo Ilona Andrews, you’ll need to act fast. That’s because the last installment – except for an extended epilogue that will only be published with the final version – went up today. And per a recent blog comment by the site moderator, the whole thing will be coming down next Friday (April 12), so it can be edited and prepped for release as a book this summer.

So if you want to enjoy a short visit to Kate Daniels world, featuring Roman, the Black Volhv, check out the link down below. And you need to do it now, or wait until summer. Or both, of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
And, while we're on serials , Ilona Andrews have started a "short story" serial that will be coming out every Friday for a while. Their "short stories" often tend to become "novellas", though, and their "novellas" tend to become "books", so I have my fingers crossed for this to be longer than planned...

Anyway, it's titled Sanctuary, and (very minor spoiler, resolved in the first few paragraphs) it features Roman, the priest of the dark god, Chernobog, from the Kate Daniels series. (Although Roman is a fan-favorite, I'd kind of been hoping for the rest of the Augustine-Diana story from the Hidden Legacy world, which was teased in a snippet not too long ago. But Roman is good too.)

The first chapter was out last Friday, and can be found here: https://ilona-andrews.com/blog/sanctuary/
Old 04-07-2024, 01:41 AM   #3999
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
Only rereads this week. I'm up to Echo of Silence in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
none
Old 04-08-2024, 01:15 PM   #4000
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I read Slouch Witch based on @worktolive's recommendation, and really liked it , and then read the remaining books/novella in the series via KU. Now Slouch Witch is actually free at Kindle US and UK - really free, not KU-free .

However, I've noticed that Harper tends to make the first titles in her various series free, and then the later ones only rarely go on sale, although many are in KU. Which can be, of course, a good marketing strategy! And there are sometimes box sets that can offer a bit of a reduced price. But, if you don't have KU, just be forewarned...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQ1WHJL
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XQ1WHJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Currently Free (but only in KU):

Slouch Witch by Helen Harper. Unlike the usual PNRs and UFs with kicka** heroines, this series features a rather lazy, undisciplined witch who'd much rather sit on the couch and watch TV then get out there and save the world. I read the entire series and found it to be a refreshing change of pace.

Spoiler:
Hard Work Will Pay Off Later. Laziness Pays Off Now.

Let's get one thing straight - Ivy Wilde is not a heroine. In fact, she's probably the last witch in the world who you'd call if you needed a magical helping hand. If it were down to Ivy, she'd spend all day every day on her sofa where she could watch TV, munch junk food and talk to her feline familiar to her heart's content.

However, when a bureaucratic disaster ends up with Ivy as the victim of a case of mistaken identity, she's yanked very unwillingly into Arcane Branch, the investigative department of the Hallowed Order of Magical Enlightenment. Her problems are quadrupled when a valuable object is stolen right from under the Order's noses.

It doesn't exactly help that she's been magically bound to Adeptus Exemptus Raphael Winter. He might have piercing sapphire eyes and a body which a cover model would be proud of but, as far as Ivy's concerned, he's a walking advertisement for the joyless perils of too much witch-work.

And if he makes her go to the gym again, she's definitely going to turn him into a frog.

Last edited by sufue; 04-08-2024 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2024, 03:48 PM   #4001
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I have never read any of Nicola Cornick's romances, but for some reason Amazon thinks I should, and keeps pushing them at me. And right now there are three that are less than $1 each. They look like earlier titles, pubbed by Harlequin, but for these prices, I may try one or two...

Lady Allerton's Wager, $0.10
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C7Z4NW

The Notorious Marriage, $0.50
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C7Z4NM

An Unlikely Suitor, $0.10
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C7Z522

FWIW, Fantastic Fiction says the first two listed are a duopoly...
Old 04-14-2024, 03:55 PM   #4002
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Wrong Kind of Compatible (Love Undercover #1) by Kadie Scott (B-/3 stars)
  • The Attraction Equation (Love Undercover #2) by Kadie Scott (B/4 stars)
  • Star Cruise: Dream Dancer (Sectors #18) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)
Also currently on Silver Silence in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 4-14.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	207583  
Old 04-16-2024, 06:32 PM   #4003
KarenB
KarenB began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No one does gifting but Amazon unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1528
Smashwords has gifting.

Luv Karen
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:54 PM   #4004
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Shelly Laurenston's Born to Be Badger is the fifth and most recent (Nov, 2023) in her Honey Badger ) Chronicles series - at least until a new one comes out next November. It's on sale right now in both the US ($1.99) and UK (£1.57)...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZBGM4NH
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/born-to-be-badger
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZBGM4NH

Spoiler:
Quote:
Emily “Tock” Meyerson-Jackson is on a mission to rid the world of shifters trafficking humans for hunting and cash. And now that she’s narrowed down her suspects to a brutal coalition of male lions, nothing will get between this honey badger and her prey—not even a dog-loving Tiger with absolutely no time management skills. Doesn’t matter that Shay Malone is ferociously adorable. With a war brewing between cat families, Tock doesn’t have time to lounge around with a football-playing tiger shifter. But when she realizes the coalition is also responsible for the death of Shay’s father, she’s forced to partner up with the flirtatious feline. . . .

Revenge is most definitely on the menu for Shay and his tiger shifter brothers. But when it comes to Shay’s alluring partner in crime-solving, so is seduction. Tock might be a bad-ass of a honey badger, but she’s awfully cute when she’s flashing her fangs, which she’s pretty much doing all the time these days. Good thing revenge is a dish best served hot. Because when it comes to Tock, Shay knows just how to turn up the heat. . . .
Old 04-17-2024, 08:05 PM   #4005
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A couple of years on, Battle Royal is $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US again. I've liked all of the Lucy Parker books I've read, including this one...

@apesmom's links below are still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Battle Royal by Lucy Parker is Daily Deal at $1.99 today. It can be found at that price on Kobo in countries that accept codes on agency books (Aruba) and "partners" for 40% still works.
Spoiler:

Ready…

Four years ago, Sylvie Fairchild charmed the world as a contestant on the hit baking show, Operation Cake. Her ingenious, creations captivated viewers and intrigued all but one of the judges, Dominic De Vere. When Sylvie's unicorn cake went spectacularly sideways, Dominic was quick to vote her off the show. Since then, Sylvie has used her fame to fulfill her dream of opening a bakery. The toast of Instagram, Sugar Fair has captured the attention of the Operation Cake producers…and a princess.

Set…

Dominic is His Majesty the King’s favorite baker and a veritable British institution. He’s brilliant, talented, hard-working. And an icy, starchy grouch. Learning that Sylvie will be joining him on the Operation Cake judging panel is enough to make the famously dour baker even more grim. Her fantastical baking is only slightly more troublesome than the fact that he can’t stop thinking about her pink-streaked hair and irrepressible dimple.

Match…

When Dominic and Sylvie learn they will be fighting for the once in a lifetime opportunity to bake a cake for the upcoming wedding of Princess Rose, the flour begins to fly as they fight to come out on top.

The bride adores Sylvie’s quirky style. The palace wants Dominic’s classic perfection.

In this royal battle, can there be room for two?

Kindle | Kobo | Google