Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 10:28 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any idea how soon is soon?

I hope it's not Mother's Day.
No clue. In this case, you got exactly what I was told: "soon"
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:07 AM   #32
brown.ml
brown.ml began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD and Forma
Smile Firmware 4.10.11655

For Derf: Thanks. Update worked this time. I apparently was using a different firmware file. Now I am waiting on my new library card before I can register for Overdrive.
brown.ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 03:01 AM   #33
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I skipped the previous version because of the wifi issues.
This fix does not seem to work:
"Fix: Long press needed to change the page progress display when reading"
I still can change the progress with a short tap.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:35 AM   #34
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
@LucyOne, I cannot change the progress with a short tap in this version, I need a long press (I can say it for sure as I usually changed the progress instead of the page). And, about your previous question, till there is no new set of patches, it's the same the old or new format, the change is the same: name of version.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:48 AM   #35
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches are here
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #36
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I manually updated to the 4.10 on that site and nothing happened. I did a factory reset for I was worried that i messed up my kobo and then it applied to update. lol odd,
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #37
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@LucyOne, I cannot change the progress with a short tap in this version, I need a long press (I can say it for sure as I usually changed the progress instead of the page).
I installed 4.10.11655 on my Glo HD and noticed the same thing, it now takes a long press to change page number to progress and back again. In my case, it might be better this way since I really never use the percentage, I prefer the page numbers. And I found myself accidentally swapping it with just the quick tap needed a few times by just touching or holding the reader in the wrong spot.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #38
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I installed 4.10.11655 on my Glo HD and noticed the same thing, it now takes a long press to change page number to progress and back again. In my case, it might be better this way since I really never use the percentage, I prefer the page numbers. And I found myself accidentally swapping it with just the quick tap needed a few times by just touching or holding the reader in the wrong spot.
Same here, that's the reason I can say it for sure as the previous version was driving me nuts.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #39
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Still there is no 4.10 firmware for KA1 not limited... Is it safe to install ka1le firmware?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #40
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
4.10.11655 installed it's on my Aura One ( non LE) OTA with bestbuyca as the affiliate and it is working fine.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:51 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Still there is no 4.10 firmware for KA1 not limited... Is it safe to install ka1le firmware?
The only difference is the 8GB vs. 32GB storage. I haven't noticed any issues. with 4.10.11655 on my KA1 so I think it is safe to use the same firmware on either device.

BTW, I still find it humourous that the KA1LE shows 4.10.11655 with bestbuyca as the affiliate given the KA1LE is not being sold in Canada.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:22 AM   #42
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Would this firmware version work with the Mini, if manually updated?

If not, could anyone point me to the latest unofficial working version for the mini, as I can't seem to find any info anymore.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
Would this firmware version work with the Mini, if manually updated?

If not, could anyone point me to the latest unofficial working version for the mini, as I can't seem to find any info anymore.
It will probably be safe. I don't know if I have seen any one try it.

For the other firmware, see the Wiki. The Mini is a Mark 4 device, so anything released for that should be OK. And I'm sure there have been reports that all of the recent firmware was running OK on the Mini.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #44
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've been noticing weird behavior when it comes to the Collections area on the home screen. There are some series that just don't trigger something correctly and where the last accessed Collection should be, it's either blank, or defaults back to the previous collection.

I can't figure out why most show correctly, and then opening other books in a new collection leaves a blank space on the home screen. I do patch, but I removed all patches and tried again to rule patching out, and it's the same exact behavior for the same books... blank space where the last accessed Collection should be.

I've been binge reading one particular series the last 2 months, and when it got down to 4 books left, the Collection area was blank on the home screen. I still haven't figured out the cause though.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #45
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

How many unread books are in the collection? It needs a minimum for staying at home screen (I don't know exactly how much but more than one, I believe)