Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Correct my thread title?

How do I correct the title of a new thread for typos, already submitted by me? I could not find any way for this. It was a little embarrassing to post a misspelt thread.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
How do I correct the title of a new thread for typos, already submitted by me? I could not find any way for this. It was a little embarrassing to post a misspelt thread.
With the thread (must be yours) 1st post showing: you should see EDIT under Thread tools. If that fails, ask a forum level moderator (first, to off load work), then a Greenie level Mod if no luck
The forum Mod list is usually at the bottom of the forum main page
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
With the thread (must be yours) 1st post showing: you should see EDIT under Thread tools. If that fails, ask a forum level moderator (first, to off load work), then a Greenie level Mod if no luck
The forum Mod list is usually at the bottom of the forum main page
Thanks, theducks, but the Edit button can not change the title of the thread, I'm afraid. Of course the mods are sure kind enough to help a member but I feel I would be overtaxing them to correct my silly typos.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't edit it. Click the "!" button to "report" the thread and ask for the title to be changed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
drjd
The Couch Potato

Got it. Thanks, Harry.
Advert
Old 08-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Done .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I could be mistaken, but I believe a user can edit a new thread's title as long as no one has replied to the initial post yet. Once there are replies, a mod/editor is required.

I could be all wet, though. It's been a long time since I've had to attempt such an endeavor without special powers.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For mods and greenies: if you click white space in a thread title in the forum index, the thread title will be inline editable, the changes are silent - i.e. no "Last edited by ..." message in the post.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Note that there is an exception for eBook uploads. Those titles can be edited and should be edited if there is a revision to the book.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:24 AM   #10
drjd
The Couch Potato

If a member generally can edit/delete the contents of his post, why they can not edit it's title at will? Just an academic question.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
If a member generally can edit/delete the contents of his post, why they can not edit it's title at will? Just an academic question.
I'm guessing it's so that other members who post to the thread don't have their posts appear under a materially altered title which might have affected their post or participation in the thread altogether. It would be akin to how after a short interval to fix typos, sense, what have you, members can see if a post has been edited.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #12
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm guessing it's so that other members who post to the thread don't have their posts appear under a materially altered title which might have affected their post or participation in the thread altogether. It would be akin to how after a short interval to fix typos, sense, what have you, members can see if a post has been edited.
Seems a perfectly valid reason, issybird, though I had more of DiapDealer's thought in the mind. Naturally, once other members have contributed to the thread/post, the OP should not/may not edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I could be mistaken, but I believe a user can edit a new thread's title as long as no one has replied to the initial post yet. Once there are replies, a mod/editor is required.

I could be all wet, though. It's been a long time since I've had to attempt such an endeavor without special powers.