Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #1
eliyahu
eliyahu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
books/documents not showing up on jb kindle pw

hi everyone, before i start asking for help i just wanted to put a disclaimer here:
i just entered the world of jailbreaking and kindle/ebook related exploits today, i'm not 100% with all the vocab and such, so if i sound dumb or uneducated here many apologies in advance!

here's the rundown:
i jailbroke my kindle paperwhite, mainly to get screensavers and a nice pdf reader. i followed this guide for the main jailbreak, and this follow up guide for KUAL, MPRI, and KOreader. everything seemed to be going good! there was a tiny hiccup with getting screensavers, but i downgraded my firmware to 5.4.4 and followed this guide and it was working out fine again. i have run into the issue of the screensavers reverting back to the amazon given rotation, but i'm able to troubleshoot it and bring it back to my own screensaver.

now here comes the problem.
books and pdfs are not appearing on the kindle.

i had no books or anything before i jailbroke it, i actually reset the whole thing before hand to make sure nothing went wrong.

i've tried transfering the standard pdf over to the kindle via usb - just putting it in the documents folder. i've tried doing the amazon email it to your kindle thing. i've downloaded calibre and transfered the pdf as is via that - then when that didn't work i tried converting the pdf to mobi and sending it to the kindle then with calibre. still! didn't! work! i've even tried plugging the pdf into photoshop, making sure the format is perfect for the kindle screen, resaving it and then doing all of the above over again and still! it would not work.

i feel like i'm a 5 year old about to throw a tantrum, what can i be doing wrong!?!??!!

i made an account on this forum just to beg and plead for help. please please please help!
eliyahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You got your directions from ereader-palace, get your support from them.
We do not have the number of active members it would take to support every other website in the world.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You're talking about PDFs. So presumably something's wrong with the PDF reader, or it expects its documents to be somewhere else.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, help forum, help needed, jailbreak, kindle pw