Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #301
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Nice work on the shift click in the grid.
Yes, I like it too.

Kovid,

please make more these kind of beta tests. I am really impressed how these tests and the input from the involved testers brings good ideas to a powerful extension of your Calibre. This is a nice way to bring additional functions on the way and for user and tester in this process too. It brings a better understanding about how things work and why you have implemented functionality in that way.

Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #302
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@DoctorOhh: Just move it off to the right, if you have enough tabs it will disappear behind the scroll buttons.

@Divingduck: I usually have betas when there are major changes to calibre that could possibly cause problems. Feedback from testers, or any users, is welcome at any time, not just during betas, just take a look at the whats new page of calibre, the vast majority of changes there are the result of user feedback.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #303
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks to all of you for your testing.
You're Welcome.

Could you make the giant Yellow star on books that are rated as 5 stars optional? Personally, I don't find it appealing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #304
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That star appears on books you mark, not on books that have any particular rating.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #305
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That star appears on books you mark, not on books that have any particular rating.
I guess I made a wrong assumption. How did I mark them and how do I unmark them?

I think I cleared all marked. Thanks.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-19-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #306
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Many plugins do marking, for instance temp marker and find duplicates. Restarting calibre will clear all marks.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #307
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Many plugins do marking, for instance temp marker and find duplicates. Restarting calibre will clear all marks.
Thanks for the response.

I cleared the marks using the Temp mark plugin, but I haven't used it in months and restarted calibre umpteen times since I last used it. I had also restarted calibre multiple times after noticing the marks and they were persistent. Just another minor anomaly creeping into my install. Later in the week I might create a separate fresh install and clean things up while I can still reference my setup.

I mean after 4 years of upgrading it might be about time for a fresh install.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #308
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
@DoctorOhh: Just move it off to the right, if you have enough tabs it will disappear behind the scroll buttons.
Thanks for letting me know I can move it, but I don't have enough VLs to do as you suggested. If it is too much work to eliminate it I'll just remove the tabs.

Things are really looking good. I feel like a person watching a telethon waiting to watch the tote board roll over to 1.0.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #309
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you dont have enough tabs, why do you care how much space the All books tab takes?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #310
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
If you dont have enough tabs, why do you care how much space the All books tab takes?
It's not a space issue.

From a user perspective (think other family members) it just isn't something I would ever choose to expose. Since I can hide the other items I wouldn't want exposed for normal use I thought it would be nice to be able to hide this tab too. Thanks for the consideration.

I have no problem going back to no tabs.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #311
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The all books tab cannot be hidden, because if it is hidden and you happen to go to no virtual libraries mode, there will be no tab to show.

The all books tab also acts as a "default" tab so that if you switch to a virtual library using the virtual library button whose tab has been hidden, then the all books tab is used.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #312
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
While I don't mind the All books tab, and even use it, one possibility could be to allow the user to close any tabs, but the very last. And it could even be possible to allow the user to close the last tab, that special case could be interpreted as disable and clear the tabs for VL. If the tabs are activated again, then all are shown.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #313
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
Calibre 1.0.0
use_new_db = True
After "Check Library" :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\check_library.py", line 56, in dump_and_restore
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 55, in ans
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1668, in dump_and_restore
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 994, in dump_and_restore
  File "<string>", line 836, in process_command
  File "<string>", line 990, in command_dump
  File "<string>", line 985, in comment
  File "<string>", line 2214, in write
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 19: invalid continuation byte
What can i do? Is my library save?
bladex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #314
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Your library is fine, that's just the check library code failling, probably because of encoding issues in apsw, post your metadata.db here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1215819
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #315
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
Done!
bladex01 is offline   Reply With Quote