Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Jibtronic
Edge User

Unhappy Issue with wi-fi radio and network connections?

It took me a long time to get my pocket edge to connect to my wi-fi at home. I had to enter in the network manually rather than have it try to connect to the one it detected by scanning (same network though). Now I am at my office and have 91% signal strength according to my laptop but the edge likes to say that the network is out of range? Is there some sort of special trick or should I call tech support?

UPDATE:
Came back home and it auto connected to my home network fine. My office has a non secure guest network which I am still having the trouble with. I also tried logging onto another network at a customer site and it didn't work, the secured network would show up in the settings and then disappear. I have no idea wtf the deal is. I checked the signal strength at my home, it is 80% at work, it was 91%. I asked one of my coworkers wtf the deal might be and they said that my office does power over broadband (power the wireless routers with the Ethernet cable). This is all the extra info I can give. Please help me out if you can.

Last edited by Jibtronic; 05-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

I assume it's not looking for your home network at your office? (Sorry, had to make sure.) Other than that, I have no help to give. It seems like it should work . . . .

Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Jibtronic
Edge User

I have found that manually adding the network connections works while trying to use the ones autodetected while scanning does not. WEIRD. In order to get my connection to work at my office I had to turn off the wi-fi sleep functionality.