Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The files are renamed libprs500_id when transferred to either main memory or the storage card. What do you mean by they lose meta-information?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 AM   #17
imanlhakim
imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imanlhakim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ 1950 and PRS-500
great jobs, how about automatically converting chm to lrf. I wish I can help but I can not do python.
imanlhakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dont have any ebooks in chm format, so I don't care about chm2lrf, but I'm sure there are other chm2html converter that can be easily combined with html2lrf.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #19
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
You can look at a quick guide to converting convert from CHM to HTML at Wikipedia.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #20
dkosburn
dkosburn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is there a way to use libprs500 from the cli in OSX?
dkosburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes just run the command line programs just as you would in any other OS. You have to run the GUI once first.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #22
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi, I like the concept behind libprs500... Unfortunately, I can't get it to work at all. When I add a book to the library, either with the button or by dragging and dropping, the file doesn't show up in the library. I briefly see some metadata displayed below the file list, but the file never shows up. Any ideas?
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Best wait a few weeks, there's a whole new GUI on the way.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #24
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Best wait a few weeks, there's a whole new GUI on the way.
Excellent, I'll suffer through Connect for a while longer, then. Thanks!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just emailed you a bug report that happens converting a LIT file. Might have to do with drop caps. I've attached the file in question.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #26
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
This is my first jump into using the command line, but i'm trying to expand my horizons I'm on Mac OS 10.4.10 and i've run the GUI. when i open up the terminal i get into the application directory where i placed the program then this happens:

[quote]
Dragon:~/applications zomalloch$ lit2lrf --help Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/lit2lrf.py", line 8, in <module>
from libprs500.ebooks.lrf.lit.convert_from import main
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/libprs500.py", line 8, in <module>
from libprs500.gui.main import main
ImportError: No module named gui.main
[quote]

It's probably pure newbie error, but can anyone point me in the right direction?
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

try doing it from a non application directory.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've just emailed you a bug report that happens converting a LIT file. Might have to do with drop caps. I've attached the file in question.
Interestingly it was a negative font size specification that was causing the problem. Will be fixed in next release.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #29
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try doing it from a non application directory.
I tried going up a few directories, but still same error. DId you mean move the program out of the app directory?

Quote:
Dragon:~/documents zomalloch$ lit2lrf --helpTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/lit2lrf.py", line 8, in <module>
from libprs500.ebooks.lrf.lit.convert_from import main
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/libprs500.py", line 8, in <module>
from libprs500.gui.main import main
ImportError: No module named gui.main
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm odd. Try deleting and redownloading. Then run the GUI and then try lit2lrf.

Tags
libprs500