Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
BlueCat
BlueCat began at the beginning.

Device: no eBook reader but a PSP
PSP eBook reader

Hi,

Anyone know a good eBook reader for the PSP?
I've tried Bookr but i don't really like it that much.
Any other software i could try?

Thanks
BlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
suse
suse began at the beginning.

Device: HP
I know one software called "PSP eBook Reader", it is from parablax.co.uk, you can search and find it, this software maybe is your need.
suse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What format books can you read on a PSP other then text files?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've played with a couple. Booker really is the best. It supports txt, PDF, and HTML I think.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
dexter
dexter began at the beginning.

Hi, why dont you like the booker on PSP.I saw it on youtube and find it ok.

I dont possess my own PSP yet but consider it buying instead of sony reader.
dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm surprised Sony doesn't ship an LRF compatable reader app with the PSP. It would seem like a clear opportunity to sell more content to PSP owners through Connect, and I can't imagine the development cost would be that high. I suppose Sony is just so big that those two divisions don't even talk to one another.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I'm surprised Sony doesn't ship an LRF compatible reader app with the PSP. It would seem like a clear opportunity to sell more content to PSP owners through Connect, and I can't imagine the development cost would be that high. I suppose Sony is just so big that those two divisions don't even talk to one another.
It's not feasible given how the Connect store and the Reader work in tandem with the Connect software. You would basically need to put the Reader inside the PSP.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not feasible given how the Connect store and the Reader work in tandem with the Connect software. You would basically need to put the Reader inside the PSP.
You'd have to put the Reader software on the PSP... why shouldn't that work? (I own neither Reader nor PSP, so I'm probably missing something obvious here... hardware identification key, perhaps? Doesn't the PSP have a MAC address or something that could be used?)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
You'd have to put the Reader software on the PSP... why shouldn't that work? (I own neither Reader nor PSP, so I'm probably missing something obvious here... hardware identification key, perhaps? Doesn't the PSP have a MAC address or something that could be used?)
You don't connect the Sony Reader via a net connection. You connect it via the USB port. The PSP would need to have built-in DRM and when plugged into a computer would have to look and act just like the Sony Reader.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Ok, that's how the Sony Reader connects, but it seems to me that there's no requirement for it to be that way. And the MAC address can be used as a reasonable unique hardware identifier whether the device uses it to connect or not. I'm not saying that some slight modification to the Connect service or the PC-side software might not be needed, just that it would be to Sony's advantage, if they want to sell content more widely, to make the changes needed. It seems to me that it's all software, not hardware. That's fairly cheap, comparatively, and doesn't require a hardware recall.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think that as nekokami points out, Sony could do it if they wanted to. But as JSWolf is getting at, Sony would probably have to be the ones doing it.

I guess it comes down to what they think of the idea.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The problem is things formatted for the Sony Reader might not look good on the PSP as the screen is smaller with a lower res. And it would cut into sales of the Reader.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It might not if it looks as bad as you (and I) expect it will.

In any case, I rather doubt Sony would ever do it, but it's an interesting discussion, regardless.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I don't know as it would cut into Reader sales. Seems more like a "gateway gadget" strategy to me. And I probably wouldn't want to read off the PSP, but lots of people who have them might.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:07 AM   #15
lost101
Enthusiast
lost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: HTC Hero
Some unofficial patches had appeared for Bookr to improve usability.
Here and here.
lost101 is offline   Reply With Quote