Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Minor issues with Content Server

After about 3 weeks mostly using the content server (I only add a book or two once in awhile, and all the stable structure has been set when I used the main Calibre), I would like to comment as follows:

1) Series_Index issue: I have this Box Set (group of books) that has no sequential index, so I give them all 0 as series index. The Book Details and built-in Detailed List list them as '0 of' but the Custom List shows '1 of'.

I use the following template.
Code:
{series_index} of <i>{series}</i>
2) One more thing: I can't clear the date value (published date for example), the value "0101-01-02" will appear, instead)

3) Easy to add physical book. I bought a new book, imported a prepared dummy file named "Title - Author.paperback" to the content server. It works marvelously. I once thought it only worked with the main Calibre.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) will be fixed in the next release. I cannot replicate (2) what browser are you using and in what timezone?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
1) will be fixed in the next release. I cannot replicate (2) what browser are you using and in what timezone?
2) I use Chrome (androd), GMT+7
Old 09-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works for me with chrome in gmt +5 odd. How exactly are you clearing it? I clicked the little x icon on the right of the field.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

On mobile it looks like that.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:41 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suppose I can add a dedicated clear button for it, so we are not at the mercy of browser implementations.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic

Actually after hitting Clear button, the field looks empty, and everything looks fine after hitting on the OK button. But after "Apply Changes", it returns the above date value.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:07 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Works for me. Where are you seeing this value? In the book details page?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #9
nqk
Fanatic

Yes, sir. Just right after "Apply Changes".
Old 09-23-2018, 05:54 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Strange. Sorry I dont have any idea why you see that.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Here is a hacky workaround for th eissue, since I have no idea what the underlying cause is:

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...07c932ccd28073