Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
A counterpoint on B&N customer service

I wanted to mention my experience with customer service at B&N, as a counterpoint to the thread complaining about it.

I bought a WiFi Nook on the 10th at a local Barnes & Noble store. Everything worked perfectly for two days. Then, on th 12th, it wouldn't take a charge. After digging through this very forum, I did a hard reset by removing the battery, and it took a charge fine. This morning, it wouldn't charge again. I did a hard reset using both methods, but no dice.

So I took it back to the store I bought it at. After a few minutes discussin what I'd tried, the nice young man did a soft reset, and determined it was not, in fact, taking a charge. At which point he exchanged it over the counter for a new one (and included the $15 screen protector as well), and sent me on my way. I spent as much time waiting for him to find a new roll of receipt paper for the cash register as it took to do the exchange.

It was mildly annoying to get a defective unit. But it was not at all annoying to deal with B&N. The young man who helped me was knowledgable, courteous, and most important, empowered to do what it took to fix the problem.

This is one of the biggest reasons I bought a Nook instead of a Kindle.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote