Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Hmmm...could this be the Kindle 3?

I was just looking at the M-Edge cover the better half bought and looking at the images of the device and something weird happened:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...&s=electronics

That is a link to the image gallery for the cover...BUT...here is the very strage part...click on the 2nd to the last image in the row of images...it is a LANDSCAPE Knidle reader....notice every portion of the deisgn is different, the buttons would be on the short edges of the device, the keyboard is much snugger to the panel...and the case obviously opens differently so this IS a different version of the Kindle. Now was it a prototype of the K2i or not?

here is a print screen from those shots:
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I've attached a quick screen grab taken mid-zoom, before it switches to the traditional kindle in the zoomed in shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindzoom.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	44936  
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thats a great find. it wont even stay on the image but just sort of scans through it. I think its a proto K3
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

nice grab....I wasn't able to catch the zoom before the switch...weird hih? But I will say I loke the K2i in landscape with the keyboard on the right end...I can slide between hands as one gets tired...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
If so, looks like a pretty silly design to me. What's the point of designing a reader that size for landscape use?

It's one thing to build in a landscape mode for PDFs etc, but I don't get designing it in landscape mode as the primary function--given the button locations etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
Nice grab, but it's not a new Kindle. Look at the buttons and the joystick. The image is squashed. I resized the image very quickly in photoshop and you can see that it's just the plain, old, Kindle 2 that we know and love.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	k2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	44937  
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
brecklundin
Banned

I actually would prefer it...I use a larger font and I can get more words/line in that orientation....plus access to the page turning buttons would be far better with them on the short edge rather than with the current K2 design where in land scape the buttons are in the middle of the long edge....plus in landscape the balance of the K2i is slightly off with the current design...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I hope not. I am waiting for eink color!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziplizard View Post
Nice grab, but it's not a new Kindle. Look at the buttons and the joystick. The image is squashed. I resized the image very quickly in photoshop and you can see that it's just the plain, old, Kindle 2 that we know and love.
do look at the image again...and then again...and if you still don't see it...look until you do...sigh... But don't feel badly I had to look like 3-4x before I saw it is NOT A SQUASHED IMAGED...then I really liked it...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
That's disappointing if it is the new kindle!

The next Kindle needs to be color to remain competitive in the mainstream. The numerous color tablets and upcoming color readers will smash the Kindle if it stays greyscale. Touchscreen doesn't mean much to me in a dedicated e-reader device, but color does, they need to implement mirasol technology.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
ziplizard is spot on; it's just a distorted K2. But it makes you wonder about how a Kindle would look with a 5" screen turned longwise with the keyboard underneath it.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
That's disappointing if it is the new kindle!

The next Kindle needs to be color to remain competitive in the mainstream. The numerous color tablets and upcoming color readers will smash the Kindle if it stays greyscale. Touchscreen doesn't mean much to me in a dedicated e-reader device, but color does, they need to implement mirasol technology.
you build prototypes with materials YOU HAVE not what you expect to have...color panels are in short supply so then you get your device case design set THEN add the new panels as they are relased for development...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I hope not. I am waiting for eink color!
But they can design the case NOW then just swap in the clor panel in Novemeber or whenever... BTW, I agree...I wanna color reader tooooo!!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Evasive image isn't it? Mine look about the same as those already captured.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KindleXYZ.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	44938   Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleXYZ2.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	44939  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I have this jacket cover for my K2 and 505 and I agree with ziplizzard that it is just a squashed image.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote