Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Kindle Fire Refurb for $139 [Sold Out]

Amazon is offering refurbed Kindle Fires as their gold box deal today for $139, which is $30 off the normal $169 price. I've placed my order for one already.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I intended to post this a few hours ago but have been too busy debating whether I actually want one or not. I'm just not sure I want to be tethered to the Amazon distribution system for other kinds of content. The IPS screen looks pretty in real life, though -- one of my co-editors has the KF and likes his.

I'm glad no one missed out because of my thoughtlessness. The KFs seem not to be close to selling out just yet.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
photon17
Enthusiast
photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Too many
That is a great price! I am very happy with mine. I have heard you can side load non-amazon content. No first-hand experience yet.
photon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
If it were $99, I get one for games, Netflix, and Pulse.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was just reading XDA at another member's prompting and, apparently, you can use custom firmware, sideload and ignore Amazon's distribution system entirely if you choose. Sounds as if the rooted version better for content creation than certain reviewers and users had implied. People are reporting that CM7 is stablest.

It also sounds as if you wouldn't have difficulty using Amazon if you rooted your Kindle, but I'm about to explore that issue a bit more just to be certain.
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok in a moment of insanity, I ordered one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
very tempting, but gonna hold out and see if the the Google 150 dollar tablet materializes in the next 2 months as rumors suggest. Pretty sure this is not the last time we'll see this price.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If it were $99, I get one for games, Netflix, and Pulse.
With some credit card points I got pretty close to that price, which was what sealed the deal for me!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Sold Out
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok in a moment of insanity, I ordered one.
I'm sorry, but I love how begruding you sound, that, combined with the bird on the side - is really hillarious.

I'm a little punch drunk. Whiney baby + migraine = ow. Also, the teething medicine doolies are lost. Oh, and did I mention that 6 . . AM is her new bedtime? So she's up and at-em all night long?
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I'm not just insane in random moments....I have 4 birds and 4 kids, so I'm pretty much insane all the time!

My Fire is scheduled for delivery *today*. I don't know what I am going to do with it. Don't really need it at all! But I love to play with new toys! So I finally get a chance to do that, and compare it to my Nook Color (ok, it's the kids' NC--I don't think I have any smut on it). Since I am expecting delivery of a new computer any time, it was somewhat selfish of me to order the Fire. Except that my new computer only cost $249 (brand new Dell desk top!) so really, sue me! Now here's hoping DH will be taking a nap when the brown truck shows up!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
(ok, it's the kids' NC--I don't think I have any smut on it)
Now that's the sort of parenting to which I can relate. I still remember chancing on my dad's copy of the Victorian stroke novel, A Man with a Maid.

Studying it as a little kid paid off at least once when I was in my twenties, earning me the attentions of a former Penthouse Pet. She'd heard me assuming the role on a payphone with someone I used to date and approached me as soon as I hung up. "Do you always talk to women like that?" she asked. "I thought only men in books spoke that way."

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 03-30-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer

I love my Prime subscription! Got it today and loving it so far. I can almost see my touch pad gathering dust already.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
"I thought only men in books spoke that way."
Which, of course, is why many women read smutty books, b/c those are the only men we know that talk like that!

My Fire has arrived! I was thinking of letting the Easter Bunny give it to the kids but I don't think I will. I like it....I think I'm keeping it! But I'll have to play with it some more before I decide. I registered it but haven't shown it to DH yet hehe. I remembered my Dad sent me birthday money, with this cute card about buying something I don't need, so hey, just following the old man's cue!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
We used to have a rescue bird, I miss him a lot. Right now we have two cats, a dog, a tortoise and a rat. All except the tortoise are rescue animals. I used to be afraid of birds until we had one, now I'm okay mostly.

how big is the screen on the fire again? Will it read a pdf?
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote