Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
blockquote over ride

I want to override the html created by Sigil when you press the increase indent key. Just like you can do with h1 through h6. I created the css entry I want and it works outside Sigil. When I include the css in Sigil and then select a set of lines and press the increase indent key I get an extra, default style entry created by Sigil and my overrides don't take effect.

If I go back to the html and remove the extra css created by Sigil and take the class="sgc-#" code out of the blockquote html it works pretty well. Sigil leaves the old <p> xxx </p> code hanging around so that overrides any paragraph indent changes in the css. If I go and remove this <p> coding it works the way I want. But that's a bit of a kludge.

Am I just asking too much of Sigil?
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can't. You can use the CSS you create, but you cannot map the keys to your settings.

It works for the heading, because that does not need additional settings. Just change the tag to <h_>. You can change the code afterwards, but you already do that.
I usually use just a <p> class for indents...

You could create an issue on the tracker for this enhancement. If Valloric feels like it, perhaps he will incorporate it. Then again, perhaps he thinks it is gold bidet...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Then again, perhaps he thinks it is gold bidet...

(For anyone who doesn't know the "gold bidet" reference, see http://sigildev.blogspot.com/2011/01...sation_02.html )
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
I guess I'm used to Quanta+ too much for my web development and got used to being able to wrap text in almost any html command. Oh, well. Stigil is still a great tool for epubs so I'll adapt.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote