Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Advice? process to speed up display of interlaced pdfs

I am not sure if this post should be here, or in one of the "reader" subforums.

I have a number of public domain books in pdf format (from archive.org) which are apparently formatted to display as "interlaced" --- you know the kind I mean -- each page displays one slow horizontal stripe at a time. It might take as much as 60 seconds to display one page, top to bottom. Very annoying for someone who reads faster than the display.

I use freeware PDF-EXchange reader (from Tracker software) --- much MUCH smaller and faster and better in all ways than the Adobe reader--the search process is amazingly fast. The display updates faster than Adobe, but still disgustingly slow.

Is there such a thing as a way to process these pdf documents to force them to display faster? Or is granny on another wild goose chase?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Take a look at this post.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(what happened to my post????)

Thank you very much, Willus. I will try it tonight, and hoping hard for a happy outcome.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
(what happened to my post????)
Nothing, as far as I can see. What do you think has happened to it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I had posted a quick reply about three minutes earlier, and I don't know where it went. I am considering that I actually posted to the wrong thread!