Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
Lowkee206425
Lowkee206425 began at the beginning.

Device: Idk
Extremely easy directions to factory reset BOTH kindle Gen 1 & Gen 2

This morning I had the pleasure of taking on the job duty of factory resetting both a kindle fire.HD generation 2 (first) and then immediately after, I then completed the factory reset of the kindle HD 1st generation.
***NOTE:
*** both of the tablets had a secret PIN CODE (PASSWORD) to enter in order to fully access the device.**
AND WHAT I HAVE COME TO REALIZE IS THAT THE STEPS IN FULLY COMPLETING THE FACTORY RESET FOR BOTH DEVICES ARE THE EXACT SAME STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES. . IDENTICAL STEPS

AND SINCE I CAME ACROSS THIS FORUM WHEN I INITIALLY WAS SEARCHING AROUND FOR THE CORRECT DIRECATIONS TO ENSURE THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO PROPERLY AND CORRECTLY COMPLETE MY GIVEN TASK... ONCE I GOT TO THE SECOND TABLET WHICH WAS THE KINDLE HD FIRST GEN.
I realized that the steps to factory reset this tablet are the exact same as the second generation kindle fire HD..

Here are the steps that I took in order to complete the factory reset for each kindle tablet(with a pincode password)

1. Swipe the screen(gen 1)from the right hand side in the middle *TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE*
(GEN 2) SWIPE SCREEN FROM THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND SIDE/OR LEFT- depending on what your settings are set to..
2A.Device will then bring you to the screen to prompt you to:"ENTER PIN"
1ST GEN- enter 4 random numbers to create a WRONG PASSCODE..
RE-ENTER 4 RANDOM NUMBERS 2 MORE TIMES (** total you will enter 3 sets of wrong numbers aka wrong passcodes)
2.B. enter at least 5 random numbers in a row, 3 different times
*** The device will then bring you to a screen that will offer a couple options to select:
*(in orange lettering) "tap here to factory reset
*(blocked border-- to the bottom left) "reset your PIN"
(Blocked border--to the bottom right) "wait"

3.****select the option in orange lettering prompting you to "tap her to FACTORY RESET"

NOTE: DEVICE NEEDS TO BE AT AT LEAST 30% CHARGED, ON THE CHARGER IN ORDER TO MOVE ON

ONCE YOU SELECT FACTORY RESET, DEVICE WILL ADEVISE YOU: "once you reset your device you will remove everything including all content and applications.
CONTINUE? "
**you may either select to CANCLE/ or to ERASE EVERYTHING.
4. select the option on the bottom right hand side to RESET/ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DEVICE.
(if not at least at 30% charged.. you will have to SELECT THE NEXT OPTION ON THE NEXT SCREEN.. TO DISMISS And wait until the device has sufficient battery charge to perform a factory reset.
Lowkee206425 is offline   Reply With Quote