Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #2416
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyV View Post
please tell me, where can i find this SS add-in -> "fix images",
* checked all the options within the kindle menu
* checked all the content on the kindle storage, no script or anything else called like this.

really appreciate any help
Check if you are using the ss add-in from NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
Make sure you have Python installed, also from the snapshot thread.

I do not use this, so will have to make time to look.
Come back here next month.

Last edited by knc1; 03-04-2017 at 08:19 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #2417
Mr. B
Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.Mr. B knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3G
I might need someone to draw me a picture because I'm having similar troubles that have been described here (hack stopped working) and I can't even uninstall the hack. I copied Update_linkss_0.24.N_uninstall.bin to the root directory but "Update Your Kindle" remains grayed out. I've also tried to uninstall python the same way without success. What am I doing wrong?

[edit] I tried simply reinstalling with mrinstaller and custom screensavers are working again.

Last edited by Mr. B; 03-04-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #2418
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
I might need someone to draw me a picture because I'm having similar troubles that have been described here (hack stopped working) and I can't even uninstall the hack. I copied Update_linkss_0.24.N_uninstall.bin to the root directory but "Update Your Kindle" remains grayed out. I've also tried to uninstall python the same way without success. What am I doing wrong?
You are trying to use the procedure for installing Amazon packages rather than using the procedure for installing Mobileread packages.

Re-read Step #8 spoiler of the current jailbreak for hints.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #2419
thekha
thekha began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 2015
I lost the hack after upgrade to 5.8.7.0.1 but still available in kual menu
How can I get the hack back
TIA
thekha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #2420
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
You have to reinstall everything but the jailbreak. That survives, but the hacks don't. Just re-install them and you're good to go
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #2421
thekha
thekha began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 2015
Thank you
thekha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #2422
dpsjunior
dpsjunior began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got the message "the ScreenSavers Hack is currently in 'cover' mode, but hasn't yet successfuly processed a book cover. I'm able to put my own ScreenSavers and also use last mode, but there is no way to show the cover of the book that I'm reading. What am I doing wrong? I have a Kindle Voyage 5.8.8
dpsjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #2423
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsjunior View Post
I got the message "the ScreenSavers Hack is currently in 'cover' mode, but hasn't yet successfuly processed a book cover. I'm able to put my own ScreenSavers and also use last mode, but there is no way to show the cover of the book that I'm reading. What am I doing wrong? I have a Kindle Voyage 5.8.8
Do you have python installed? It is required for cover mode to work. Do you have the latest versions of the hacks installed? If not, update them. Are the ebooks KFX or AZW3 format? There were problems at one point with the KFX books that were fixed in a later version. There is a menu entry in KUAL to fix images, perhaps you need to run it?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #2424
dpsjunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Do you have python installed? It is required for cover mode to work. Do you have the latest versions of the hacks installed? If not, update them. Are the ebooks KFX or AZW3 format? There were problems at one point with the KFX books that were fixed in a later version. There is a menu entry in KUAL to fix images, perhaps you need to run it?

Dave
I installed Python but I'm not sure whether or not its on Kindle after upgrading to fw 5.8.8. I tried to reinstall but the option Upadate your Kindle is not enable. I put Phyton in the mrpackages folder and install it with Kual. Still didn't work...
All the books come from Amazon

Maybe its a problem with fw 5.8.8, not sure...

Tried again, its working but for some reason it shows the wrong cover. Need to have some time to figure out what's going on. Thanks for your help

Last edited by dpsjunior; 03-20-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:03 AM   #2425
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I installed Python but I'm not sure whether or not its on Kindle after upgrading to fw 5.8.8. I tried to reinstall but the option Upadate your Kindle is not enable. I put Phyton in the mrpackages folder and install it with Kual. Still didn't work...
All the books come from Amazon

Maybe its a problem with fw 5.8.8, not sure...

Tried again, its working but for some reason it shows the wrong cover. Need to have some time to figure out what's going on. Thanks for your help
You MUST re-install all packages with an: update_*.bin format package name!

You MUST use MrPI to install all Mobileread packages!
You are attempting to use the procedure of installing Amazon update packages.

Also re-install any other add-in that that seems to be broke (it probably is).

Once you have done all of that -
Then read the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post, tell us each of those things you have done and the result of each.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #2426
dpsjunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You MUST re-install all packages with an: update_*.bin format package name!

You MUST use MrPI to install all Mobileread packages!
You are attempting to use the procedure of installing Amazon update packages.

Also re-install any other add-in that that seems to be broke (it probably is).

Once you have done all of that -
Then read the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post, tell us each of those things you have done and the result of each.
I follow the Mobileread instructions using MRPI to Install the .bin files. I reinstall the Phython but I had to put it into the mrpackages and then use MRPI on Kual Launcher. It's working now, even tough sometimes it shows the wrong book cover.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 AM   #2427
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I follow the Mobileread instructions using MRPI to Install the .bin files. I reinstall the Phython but I had to put it into the mrpackages and then use MRPI on Kual Launcher. It's working now, even tough sometimes it shows the wrong book cover.
Great.

Now open, read, and follow the troubleshooting directions.
Tell us which of those you do and the result of each.

- - - -

quote:
"using MRPI to Install the .bin files"
That is the same as writing,
quote:
"I had to put it into the /mrpackages"
because that is the directions for re-installing.

All the *.bin packages of OURS has to be put into the /mrpackages directory and use MrPI.
Only Amazon packages use UYK.

You could also use the menu bar command, it does the same thing, runs MrPI.

Last edited by knc1; 03-21-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #2428
thebrogan
thebrogan began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 G090KB
mrpi destroys packages

First of all new to jailbreak. Glad to see thread still active.

Jailbreaked. Added python next. Tried linkss and no. Got KUAL with extensions and MRinstaller by following the thread. Got KOReader next by putting KOReader folder and .bin in mrpackages. Or folder was in root... Tried linkss and LibrarianSync, neither worked. ran unistall.bin for both and tried again. It says destroying packages before reboot. Obviously, I'm missing something

Read the readme file on linkss. There's alot of requirements more than just putting the .bin and running KUAL. Do I need start considering running KindleTool? Or did I cause a glitch somewhere along the line? This is my 2nd jailbreak attempt on it.
thebrogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:05 AM   #2429
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrogan View Post
First of all new to jailbreak. Glad to see thread still active.

Jailbreaked. Added python next. Tried linkss and no. Got KUAL with extensions and MRinstaller by following the thread. Got KOReader next by putting KOReader folder and .bin in mrpackages. Or folder was in root... Tried linkss and LibrarianSync, neither worked. ran unistall.bin for both and tried again. It says destroying packages before reboot. Obviously, I'm missing something

Read the readme file on linkss. There's alot of requirements more than just putting the .bin and running KUAL. Do I need start considering running KindleTool? Or did I cause a glitch somewhere along the line? This is my 2nd jailbreak attempt on it.
the only thing you are missing is to get your add-in packages from NiLuJe's snapshot thread and to follow directions exactly and completely.
If you can't do that, you should not be modifying your Kindle, following directions is the bare minimum skill required.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #2430
lllusion
Enthusiast
lllusion began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
^knc1, thanks so much for sticking around in this thread and helping those of us who are not very acquainted with this.

So there was a kindle update today that just made the screensavers hack not work. >_< What is the procedure to try to get it back up again when the kindle gets an update? Do you recommend turning kindle auto-updates off?
lllusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch