Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
caseym54
caseym54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10G
Calibre scanning all of 1TB Dropbox

So, I hooked up my new Galaxy Tab S to my PC as a Media Device (just happens) and then started Calibre. Calibre recognized the new device and asked if I wanted to set it up, and I said Yes.

Then it started scanning for books on the device. The device had Dropbox installed and apparently logged in, so Calibre happily started scanning through the 300 GBs of my 1 TB Dropbox. Life is too short.

I tried to kill it politely, and Calibre refused to stop. So I killed it ugly, closed the Dropbox and rebooted the tablet. After that Calibre was able to complete.

There has to be a better way: Calibre should not seek to scan a remote Dropbox without specifically asking first.

Last edited by caseym54; 05-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.
caseym54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The first time you connect the device calibre scans all of its storage. Once the scan has completed then you can right click the device icon and configure what folders should be scanned in the future.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 AM   #3
caseym54
caseym54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10G
It should ask regarding remote devices. This behavior could be expensive on cellular.
caseym54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, dropbox, setup, tablet