Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
JavaScript and interactivity in iBooks

http://blog.threepress.org/2010/06/2...ity-in-ibooks/

Quote:
iBooks supports JavaScript-based interactivity in EPUB content.
(awesome turkey example included)

I tried to download the ePub directly from Safari on the iPad, and was given the choice of Stanza or Goodreader, the default being Stanza. (The javascript didn't seem to work in Stanza). Anyone able to get iBooks to be the default for ePubs? (PDFs give me the option to open in iBooks in iOS4)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
tkirke
tkirke began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
great example. Now if I could only get the pop to act like the dictionary one in iBooks. i.e. move position so that it is always on the screen, etc, rather than cutting off.
Anyone have an idea what the CSS for the dictionary lookup would look like?
tkirke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
alexvallette
alexvallette began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/ipad
@kjk: Did you try to download it on your computer and transfer it through iTunes?

I did it, and was able to see the book but nothing like pop-ups. Just for info, I read it on iBooks for iPhone and as Liza says in the pots, she did not tried on iphone.
alexvallette is offline   Reply With Quote