Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Book Review of the Oort Perimeter by Steven Lake

Dear All:

The first novel in Steven's Earthfleet Saga is now up on www.EZread.com for FREE!! Just click on the Meet The Author page and you can do the free download.

Now, what IS this Science Fiction gem about?? We asked our Renegade Intern to do a fair and honest book review on this first novel and it is now available:

Also, please announce my review on Facebook for people interested in more information about the book:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ez-rea...20322851327362

or: http://www.facebook.com/notes/ez-rea...20322851327362

It is up on facebook at present while we wait for the webmaster to get up our Interactive Forum on our site.

You really will enjoy the Renegade Intern's Book Reviews. She is very honest and brings out the good and the bad. Please go to the Facebook link and let me know what YOU feel. Should we praise her or put her in irons??
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Hi Robert,

I saw the review on Facebook this morning and thought it was well done. And I appreciated that she was honest in the fact that sci-fi is not her favorite genre of books. I love sci-fi, so I started reading it this morning. It's also good that the book was able to keep her attention, even though she's not real familiar with all the techno babble that is in some sci fi books. That's good, because although I enjoy science fiction, if there's too much techno babble, the book will lose me.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Nah, I try to keep the techno-babble to the bare minimum required to get the job done. I try to keep most of my focus on the characters and use the tech stuff as plot elements.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Renegade Intern Book Review praised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Hi Robert,

I saw the review on Facebook this morning and thought it was well done. And I appreciated that she was honest in the fact that sci-fi is not her favorite genre of books. I love sci-fi, so I started reading it this morning. It's also good that the book was able to keep her attention, even though she's not real familiar with all the techno babble that is in some sci fi books. That's good, because although I enjoy science fiction, if there's too much techno babble, the book will lose me.
Dear Davimee:

Thank you. I like her honesty also. Her strength is that honesty and an incredible way of writing reviews and such. She has a flare of saying things far better than I. I love Sci-Fi also and I thought her mentioning she was not in her favorite genre was good.

I like Steven Lake because this concept for the Earthfleet Saga is easy to relate to. I can feel a part of it.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks Steven, I appreciate that! I can really relate to O'Neill in Stargate when Carter tries to explain things, and he'd rather just have the bottom line of if the device will work or not, rather than all the technicality of what makes it work.
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Davimee: Yeah, that's definitely so true. I also have that as sort of a tongue and cheek gag in book 2 as well. In fact, pay close attention to the books in general, as I like to poke little bits of fun at different things here and there, and make respectful nods to a lot of my favorite shows and authors. It's not blatantly obvious, but if you know what you're looking for, you'll see them. hehe. It's one of my ways of showing thanks to my favorite authors, actors, and shows.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Steven, thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eyes open! Now I've just got to convince my kids to go to bed early so I can curl up in the recliner and read...