Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"Delver Magic" Trilogy - Jeff Inlo's series FREE in 8 different formats

Go here:

http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/delvermagic1/index.htm

I was searching around and scratching myself at the same time , and came across this author, Jeff Inlo. I know nothing about him. I downloaded the first in this trilogy and the formatting looks decent enough.

It's available in lrf, lit, pdb, epub, mobi, prc, pdf, txt.

Here's a synopsis from his site:

A rolling tremor passes through the land of Uton signaling a return of long absent magic as well as an ancient evil that accompanies it. Ryson Acumen, purebred delver, senses the changes throughout the land. In his investigations, he learns that legends he considered fables hold more truth than fantasy. The delver encounters elves and learns the Sphere of Ingar, a talisman that captured all magical energies long ago, is free from its tomb in Sanctum Mountain. As violent, evil creatures return to shred the very fabric of reality, the sphere gains awareness and chooses to spew corrupted magical energies to obliterate all life.

The sphere must be destroyed, but it rests within Sanctum, a hollow mountain with a single path to its center. The way to the sphere remains defended by devices created long ago, forged by members of each race to thwart entry to the mountain's core. Those that wish to defeat the sphere must not only overcome these barriers, they must conquer the mistrust which has flourished during the long period of separation. Human, elf, dwarf, algor and delver must reunite to defeat the obstacles that now protect the sphere. Magic, though corrupt, is harnessed to fight off strange beasts of evil that once again walk this land. Once inside Sanctum, representatives of each race face the secrets of the ages that once undone will change their lives forever.

If you finish before I do (I have a backlog of things to read), please let us know if you liked it or not.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Jeff is a member here and is known as jinlo.

He wrote "Alien Cradle" which is also offered on that site (or just go here... http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/aliencradlejinlo/)

Thanks for offering your work, jinlo.

Last edited by dreams; 05-16-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: oops grammar
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, jinlo, thank you!

Don
Old 05-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hey, seems interesting, thanks for the notice.

Just a quick notice, the series' name is Delver Magic, not Deliver Magic.
Dr Drib, maybe you could correct this.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Thank you Dr. Drib for listing the Delver Magic series.

Thank you dreams for adding the link to Alien Cradle.

And thank you Gaurnin for pointing out that it is "Delver Magic" as opposed to "Deliver Magic".

If anyone has difficulties with downloads or the formatting, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to correct any problems.

Jeff Inlo
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
At Jeff's request, I corrected the spelling in the thread title.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Jeff, I had a look at your site and didn't find a link to MobileRead in the "Free eBooks" section.
Maybe you could add a link to the site, as we have, just like Dr Drib says, more than 11'000 free and well-formatted eBooks available here.

I'd also like to signal you a typo on you site, on the "Free Ebooks" page, in the first line :
Quote:
List of Sites to find free eBbooks in many different formats
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #8
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Jeff Thanks very much for sharing your work.

Last edited by columbus; 05-17-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: arrrrrr!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Jeff, I had a look at your site and didn't find a link to MobileRead in the "Free eBooks" section.
Maybe you could add a link to the site, as we have, just like Dr Drib says, more than 11'000 free and well-formatted eBooks available here.

I'd also like to signal you a typo on you site, on the "Free Ebooks" page, in the first line :
Gaurnim,

Thanks for telling me about the typo. That's fixed.

As for the link to MobileRead, I've been meaning to do that, but I've been trying to figure out the best way. I have a link to MobileRead.com under the "Information on eBooks and Readers" on the left column. I wanted to add a link in the main section for free eBooks. I was just never sure whether or not to send users to the MobileRead home page or directly to the eBook download area.

I have added the link today which brings users to the download area sorted by upload date. I'm still not sure if that's the best way, so if you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Jeff Inlo
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Books downloaded and put into my que
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Got 'em! THANKS to Don and Jeff!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
At Jeff's request, I corrected the spelling in the thread title.
Thanks for correcting that, Elsi.

Don
Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
A bit
What is a difference between mobi and prc?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
A bit
What is a difference between mobi and prc?

OT answer:

Here's a discussion between the two:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31578

Don
Old 05-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
MOBI is better than PRC, so if your device supports it, get MOBI.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote