Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
Also, won't that kind of depend on your handwriting?
Probably. And, given my extremely poor penmanship (my 5 year old puts me to shame), my Note would laugh at me if/when I tried to do some writing.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #17
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
The Note has a wacom tablet inside, meaning that it records not only the statical image of the handwriting, but also the dynamical movement of the hand (position, speed, acceleration, pressure and aerial movements).
I've tested it in a biometric signature system, with rather good results.

So, I'm pretty sure those data can be used for writing recognitions, provided a good "training" is done to calibrate the system: even if your "e" and "a" look very alike, the movement and speed to get there are usually different.
The hardware is there: has someone developed the software?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert