Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #91
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeroge View Post
This doesn't work for me at all, I don't see it in my launcher. And I think its broken the launcher itself somehow, because I can't get varnies launcher to show up either after installing this.

(I got their launcher to work my removing your one, but it doesn't work with the new version)
I just worked out with lukeroge what's the problem. I forgot to create a directory in the installation script. I'll fix the package this evening.

For the time being "mkdir -p /usr/local/ebook/lib/" would create the needed directory.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #92
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
I will post a new package soon as well . It works with my launcher extension.

The problem is that we use different approaches to run HackedUpReader.
My launcher extension runs it without any command line arguments, while bhaak's version does it in another way. Therefore if you want to run bhaak's version you need to use his launcher extension (but not mine).

On this moment there are no significant changes between our versions.
Yes, I added command line options.

cr3 --last-book will open the last read book, --open-book-dialog will open your "open book" and anything else will be interpreted as file and opened.
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #93
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I will post a new package soon as well . It works with my launcher extension.

The problem is that we use different approaches to run HackedUpReader.
My launcher extension runs it without any command line arguments, while bhaak's version does it in another way. Therefore if you want to run bhaak's version you need to use his launcher extension (but not mine).

On this moment there are no significant changes between our versions.
I prefer having the options in the program like your version, but I don't think yours sorts books into subfolders when browsing them. Would you be able to add that sometime?
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #94
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

bhaak,
is it possible to change cr3xcb.cpp a little so that it will be possible to invoke cr3 binary without options as well? in this case my launcher extension would work with your binary and there will be no more confusion.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #95
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
bhaak,
is it possible to change cr3xcb.cpp a little so that it will be possible to invoke cr3 binary without options as well? in this case my launcher extension would work with your binary and there will be no more confusion.
I looked again at the code and it should be possible.

I'll change the code so that it will try to open the most recent book when started without any command line arguments.
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #96
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

bhaak, thank you. After that I will update my fork so that we were on the same page 8-)
lukeroge, I uploaded a new package. here it is.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #97
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Exclamation Bug report

I'd like to thank you all for the work you do on adding features to the Kindle Touch.

I wasn't able to start Bhaak's version (based on java) because if I add his launcher extension, the launcher refuses to show and it doesn't work with Varnie's launcher extension (based on json).

Varnie's versions with his launcher extension work but HackedUpReader crashes for me if I try to select other pages in the font selection settings.
I have not changed the free type library with the one available in the forums.

Last edited by wolftail; 03-27-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: clearing up my message
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #98
varnie
Connoisseur

wolftail,
could you post somewhere your /mnt/us/cr3xcb/crengine.log please?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #99
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Post crengine.log

I have attached the log.

PS: I believe that the font hack might be the cause because I can see all the fonts I added listed in the log.
I don't know what I have done but now it crashes the instant I try to enter the font selection option. Other option pages work fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crengine.zip (30.9 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by wolftail; 03-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #100
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
bhaak, thank you. After that I will update my fork so that we were on the same page 8-)
lukeroge, I uploaded a new package. here it is.
Done, I uploaded a new package. It has the command line option fix, fixed the installation bug and the GUI Launcher extension now also recognizes .mobi and .chm files.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #101
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
PS: I believe that the font hack might be the cause because I can see all the fonts I added listed in the log.
I don't know what I have done but now it crashes the instant I try to enter the font selection option. Other option pages work fine.
That sounds exactly like the problem that Amazon's freetype lib crashes with for example DejaVu Sans.

It crashes now always for you when entering the font selection menu as the program already saved on what page of the menu it is. So it will always go to the page that crashes the program.

Either install the freetype lib that is linked in the first post of this thread or you can also delete the settings file /mnt/us/cr3xcb/share/cr3/cr3.ini or /mnt/us/cr3xcb/share/cr3.ini.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #102
wolftail
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

I can confirm that the custom version of libfreetype fixes the issue.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #103
varnie
Connoisseur

wolftail,
I am just curious: you merely copied the fresh library on the kindle touch manually, am I correct?
and, of course, glad to hear you solved the issue!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #104
wolftail
Connoisseur

Quote:
wolftail,
I am just curious: you merely copied the fresh library on the kindle touch manually, am I correct?
and, of course, glad to hear you solved the issue!
I simply used the installer found here.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #105
varnie
Connoisseur

my minor updates:
the books dialogue now supports .fb2.zip archives.
the default font size changed. now it is more usable than that huge "38"
tuned landscape mode (two columns page mode)

by the way, what do you think about the screen refresh? do we need it? as for me, I don't see any reasons for that, but am sure it can be implemented. (we already have "eips -c" for that).

Last edited by varnie; 04-01-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: grammar

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons