Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
Fp86
Fp86 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Kobo Vox; bypass set up? Error messages

Hello,

I bought a used (in very good condition) Kobo Vox...which I am 100% regretting...
Originally when I purchased it, I was able to access all the screens but I was having trouble downloading books from Calibre to the Kobo. Doing some research, my conclusion was to do a factory reset.
And now, I can't bypass the set up screen...but I also can't set anything up either because once I get to the "sign in to kobo" screen - it doesn't matter if i select "I have a kobo account" or "I'm new to kobo" because THIS message pops up;

"Connection Error - A connection error has occurred. Please check your connection and try again"

I have re-entered my wifi information 3 times, correct every time, it says i am connected.

I can't access any other screen, it is making me go through set up, yet i can't complete the set up.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Fp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Hate to say it but you are SOL

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=314769
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
alopan
alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fp86 View Post
I can't bypass the set up screen...but I also can't set anything up either because once I get to the "sign in to kobo" screen - it doesn't matter if i select "I have a kobo account" or "I'm new to kobo" because THIS message pops up
Try this solution. The patched file is here.
alopan is offline   Reply With Quote