Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
sylverart
sylverart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Disappearing Library

*been reading online for a while - sorry if this is a repeat question*
I was happily using the Vox with calibre 0.8.24 - converting pdf's to epubs, using the 'save to disk' and importing them to my kobo library. Today I updated to 0.8.25. Terrible results. Calibre recognized the Vox as an android, but with nothing on it. After trying to test by add a new book and ejecting/disconnecting, all ebooks previously imported are gone.
Part two of problem: when I plug my Kobo into the computer, the hard drive disk KOBOVOX appears and all ebook files are still there. Tried going to Library> Import on the vox but it doesn't see anything.
Any ideas on how to show the kobo every thing's still there?

Any info is much appreciated!
sylverart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think that Calibre may look at the eBook folder which is where it sends the files you transfer to the Vox. If you chose to delete the file after import (one of the choices along the way), Calibre will not see it. I have not actually deleted files, so I can't swear to this.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
sylverart
sylverart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thanks for trying to help, taming. After days of consistent and varied issued, I returned the Vox for a Touch. Sad, but I'm loving the (issue free) Kobo Touch.
sylverart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, disappearing books, kobo, kobo vox, vox