Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs down Odd Battery issue: cover; bookgem?

I have a Kindle 3 w/LIGHTED Amazon cover, Bookgem stand and 3.1 update. Duokan was installed, but I don't use it. Wi-Fi is NOT TURNED ON. ( http://www.bookgem.com ) No idea which 411 is relevant ...

In past couple months I did notice once or twice that after I had added books and organized via Kindle Collection Manager and FULLY CHARGED KINDLE TILL LIGHT WAS GREEN and took her to bed to read, that I'd wake up with a REALLY low charge. Noted it but thought I did something wrong ...

Last night I: added 15 or so mobis, CHARGED TILL GREEN, took her to bed and read and used light for a couple of hours. She was IN the cover which is in the BookGem which, as you can see, has a pair of arms that squeeze the cover and the side of the Kindle fairly tightly.

I REMEMBER turning OFF the Kindle so she shouldn't even have been on for the ten minutes till turn off.

Woke up and 5/7 of the charge was gone.

Plugged her into wall for ten minutes to add a little charge as I needed to take her with me. When I unplugged her she might or might not have turned herself on, but I just put her in bag closed.

A couple of hours later I took her out of bag: And the warning that she had NO CHARGE AT ALL was my screensaver?!!

What is going on? Which if any of the above uses/add-ons etc. could be causing this.

For what it's worth, no matter WHAT i did with KCM it did NOT put books into the collections into which they had been added. They had to be moved manually one by one on Kindle. Checked every possible problem (extra copy; bad restart, deleted old folder and just copied new folder from left to right in KCM, etc.)

I plugged her back into wall four hours ago and she's now fully charged and green.

Help!!!!! Thank You!
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi. My thoughts are whether it is an indexing issue as you say you added 15 books on to the Kindle and it was after this that the charge started playing up.

Refer to http://www.kinworm.com/2011/01/q-7-w...ning-down.html

Hopefully that is the problem and it can be sorted.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

As usual, you guys are awesome. See: it pays to WRITE A GOOD QUESTION as the quality is reflected in the answer. I suspect you're precisely correct and although I didn't think fifteen or so new mobis would cause indexing problems, when they're mostly online fic downloaded as html then pdf'd then mobi'd and personal lists e.g. 24 hour coffee shops, same, I'll bet the indexer has conniptions. Let's see how the battery holds up tonight. Thank you! And btw you sent me to a post that explained it just perfectly.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
it most likely is the indexing issue. I have a bad (?) habit of loading up over 20 sources of news from calibre every other day or so and when I do the battery seems to drain much faster. did you try doing the nonsense search from the home screen? eg "azzzdssx"
the kindle will then bring up a list of what books are still indexing.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
allisondbl
Connoisseur

Thumbs down Spoke too soon still battery and search issue

So. three days later having added nothing else the battery is STILL burning itself down rapidly after being charged to green. I mean rapidly. And another symptom: search is totally frogged. First tried nonsense searching i.e. use non-word. Froze kindle completely. After like an hour had to do a hard restart to get it back. Then tried searching for a real word likely to be in a lot of books ... same song. All rightee. Ran a search for ONE real word in ONE book ... Kindle frozen for half an hour now. WTF????

Help!
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I haven't a clue, but if no one else on this forum can help, you can find info on contacting Kindle Support here.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote