Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
PalPam
PalPam began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil 7.2
Insert cover?

Hi - I published a book to Kindle last year and Sigil was my life saver at the end to get it up in one try. I intended to publish 'tons' of books, so didn't think to write down the process. Here I am a year later, and it's not as user friendly as it was last year. Maybe I was just more in the energy of the whole process.

Anyway, I want to add the cover jpg and I went to the User guide that said to go to Search>Add Cover. I just downloaded 7.2, and under Search, there is no "Add Cover" .

Also, when a new doc opens there is an html page there, and I am importing html pages from another source and keep trying to delete it and it won't go anywhere. How does one delete?? That didn't seem to be in the User guide.

Thanks for your help!
PalPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalPam View Post
Hi - I published a book to Kindle last year and Sigil was my life saver at the end to get it up in one try. I intended to publish 'tons' of books, so didn't think to write down the process. Here I am a year later, and it's not as user friendly as it was last year. Maybe I was just more in the energy of the whole process.

Anyway, I want to add the cover jpg and I went to the User guide that said to go to Search>Add Cover. I just downloaded 7.2, and under Search, there is no "Add Cover" .

Also, when a new doc opens there is an html page there, and I am importing html pages from another source and keep trying to delete it and it won't go anywhere. How does one delete?? That didn't seem to be in the User guide.

Thanks for your help!
"Add Cover" is now in the "tools" menu.

As for deleting the blank html file that sigil always opens with, you will probably have to import your html file first.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
How does one delete?? That didn't seem to be in the User guide.
Deletes are easy (sometimes too easy)

Select the file or files and then [Del] key or right click

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	109628  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
With V7 you then need to confirm (or deselect) the deletes shown in the list .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
PalPam
PalPam began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil 7.2
hmmmm. delete isn't working for me. That's what I expected. To highlight it and then hit delete. but it does nada. Any ideas? I'm on 7.2 thanks
PalPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The issue is that you can't delete the last html file in the book...you must import your new files FIRST, then you can just select the file by clicking and hit the delete key.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Matt Butts
Matt Butts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You can also load the cover into your Images folder, right click on it and select Semantics → Cover Image.
Matt Butts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Butts View Post
You can also load the cover into your Images folder, right click on it and select Semantics → Cover Image.
Using add cover on any image will automagically set those , remove or replace the original suspects.

Covers are now easy:
add (existing) the image file.
Click: Add cover (select image)

If you want full screen images (like maps or charts) to be given a cover (SVG) treatment: Place them first, then remove (it is a toggle) the 'cover' semantics tick for the page. Presto! a perfect job.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote