Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Cooling1978
Cooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Reading on 2 devices

For those of you who own a Kindle e-reader and a Kindle Fire (or an iPad for that matter), do you find yourself ever reading on your tablet instead of your e-reader?
Cooling1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, I actually have 5 devices I use for reading. It just depends on which one is nearer and has battery.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
We have a “family” of Kindles – one more on the way! – so not so much. But if I forget to bring a Kindle with me (doesn’t happen often), then I will “read” on my iPhone. But I do feel it is too small for regular book/magazine reading, so I try to avoid that. I generally do not read on my iPad. I find the back-lit screen too distracting.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
5 Kindles Jessica! Wow I thought three kindle was a lot, how could you ever make use of five kindles? I can see having a second for redundancy but five.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling1978 View Post
For those of you who own a Kindle e-reader and a Kindle Fire (or an iPad for that matter), do you find yourself ever reading on your tablet instead of your e-reader?

All the time. I prefer my Fire to eInk but that may change with the new Kindle Paperwhite coming out. The problem is the Kindle Fire has a sync issue that is a pain in the patooty. Maybe it's fixed in the new Versions. I also prefer to use Pdocs alot and there is a cover issue that really takes away from my enjoyment of the device. Now the reader I love to use. The contrast on the Fire is just so much nicely and the clarity of the font is amazing! I can only imagine the new Fires how much better it will be.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah, I actually have 5 devices I use for reading. It just depends on which one is nearer and has battery.
I own two K4s well at any moment I will! I also have a Kindle Fire as you know. Hubby now has the K3 and I will getting a PW later this year. I'm want another Android device. Either a new Fire and hubby will get the old one or I will get a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
5 Kindles Jessica! Wow I thought three kindle was a lot, how could you ever make use of five kindles? I can see having a second for redundancy but five.
Not Kindles haha, I only have two of those, but will be four by the end of the year/next year probably, so not far off! I use a K3, Fire, my Android phone, my iPhone, my MacBook Pro, and then on anything else I use the Cloud Reader.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I rarely read on my iPad. I far prefer my Kindles.

Once I have my paperwhite, I'll have five Kindles of my own. I rarely use the K2 anymore, but I use the K3, Touch and DX almost daily.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Soon, I will have 3 devices that I can read on. And having the ability to have all three scattered wherever I place them, to be able to sync what ever I am reading with all devices will be wonderful. As I understand it, there is no need to carry one from one place to the other. Just pick up what ever kindle and resume reading where I left off.

I hope that is right! That would be almost as good as a buttered toast bacon and egg sandwich or a BLt.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I have the KK3, the Fire, and the K app on my iPhone. I use whichever is close by and has a charge. I love that I can just pick up where I left off, but I do like my Fire the best for reading.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I have the KK3, the Fire, and the K app on my iPhone. I use whichever is close by and has a charge. I love that I can just pick up where I left off, but I do like my Fire the best for reading.
Me too. Although I got a new K4 today that might just changed that. The contrast is really improved on the new version. The Kindle Fire is my bedtime reader.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
When I was buying my 3rd one in as many months, my boyfriend had a "talk" with me and said my behavior reminded him of an addicts. After convincing ( read... "tricking") him into thinking that I wasn't an addict, he said, "I've been looking to buy you something special, so use my cc when you order it." Of course, I wasn't done and added a Kindle, then another new Sony the next year. That's when I started feeling over indulgent, so I gave away two. Now, I have 3, and can't justify getting a 4th, so I'm squashing the over indulgent feeling of buying a Paperwhite by selling the PRS 700 and the Kindle 2. I figure a Paperwhite really combines the best of those two readers anyway.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

I used to read a lot more on my iPad 3 than I do now. At first I had a K3 and a K4S, so the iPad 3 was what I preferred in low light situations. But the Kindle for iPad app doesn't have the font selections of the Fire's native Kindle app. I really like the touchscreen of the iPad for making selections and highlights, just as I had with the Fire. I didn't like the Fire's carousel though, nor the Android OS and apps, so I sold it and got the iPad 3. But ever since I got my Kindle Touch I read mostly on it even in low light via an attached light. I love the iPad for reading ePubs and for running apps and browsing the internet though. I'm really looking forward to the Paperwhite and not having to attach a clunky add-on light.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
When I was buying my 3rd one in as many months, my boyfriend had a "talk" with me and said my behavior reminded him of an addicts. After convincing ( read... "tricking") him into thinking that I wasn't an addict, he said, "I've been looking to buy you something special, so use my cc when you order it." Of course, I wasn't done and added a Kindle, then another new Sony the next year. That's when I started feeling over indulgent, so I gave away two. Now, I have 3, and can't justify getting a 4th, so I'm squashing the over indulgent feeling of buying a Paperwhite by selling the PRS 700 and the Kindle 2. I figure a Paperwhite really combines the best of those two readers anyway.
So true!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=16

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling1978 View Post
Outside in daylight I usually read on e-ink, inside on Ipad or netbook/notebook, I read a lot of scanned pdf's.

If there is need for a lot of annotation, handwriting etc. I would in daylight read on e-ink but simultaneously use notebook or Ipad for annotations, search, dictionaries etc.

Last edited by markom; 09-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote