Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #16
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Don't forget, Nickel is old. I imagine it still carries a lot of baggage from its Qt 4.6 days, despite the fact they're now using Qt 5.2.

As far as styling goes, geek1011 was (I think) referring to stuff like font face and size, as well as border styles etc. Unstyled widgets on Kobo's are... not pretty.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:33 AM   #17
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've done some experimenting today, and managed to subclass a QPushButton and respond to standard QGesture events. Or at least tap events.
Advert
Old 08-03-2021, 10:31 AM   #18
halfdozen
halfdozen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Which signals were you able to see when using a standard widget?

I've not played much more as I've been tidying up how my symbols work, the C code was bugging me some what but now I have an `IconButton` class that behaves as a QObject so I can create a button like a Qt class without passing things into functions (pretty much a shim on top of the NickelHook symbols).

With that and some playing around with the Nickel GenericContainer I've been able to inject some new buttons into the `More` menu.
halfdozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #19
sherman
Guru

I've been doing some more experimenting and it appears there's at least some support for QTouchEvent as well, if enabled by setting Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents attribute on a widget.

I've only ever seen TouchBegin events though.

And I've discovered that Qt gestures are a PITA