Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I imported a "kepub.ebub" book into Calibre, but Calibre converted to "epub". Why?

I have a Kobo Forma.

I imported a "kepub.ebub" book into Calibre, but Calibre converted it to "epub". Why? Why can't it stay as a kepub.epub file?

The kepub.epub books are from StandardEbooks.org. For example, take a look at https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/ch...onte/jane-eyre . There you'll see the kepub.epub file: https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/ch...yre.kepub.epub .

Since I have a Kobo reader, I'd like all imported kepub.epub books to stay as kepub.epub. How can I do that?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing was converted. The imported file will be exactly the same as the original. calibre does not support composite file extensions. A kepub.epub file is an epub file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2019, 11:41 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How can I double check? Is there a way to peer into the file and see some ID?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
compare the files bfore and after import they will be byte for byte identical
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:55 AM   #5
droopy
Guru

Let's say I have gotten rid of the original file and all I have is the imported file in Calibre. How then can I check that it is a kepub file?

Also, I have a plug-in that automatically converts ePub files into kepub. Will that plug-in know that the imported kepub file is a kepub file and does not need conversion?
Advert
Old 12-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Change the extension to just ".kepub" before adding the book to your library. Then calibre will add the book as a kepub. The only thing that will treat a book with the name ".kepub.epub" as anything other than an epub are Kobo ereaders. And as they are generated from epubs using plugins in calibre or kepubify, you are generally better off just using the original epub.

But, if you are doing this, you will also want to install the Kepub Metadata reader and writer plugins.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo