Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
penguinator
penguinator began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96c plus
How do you transfer a file to the Max boox 2 pro?!

I can't find a way. When I connect it by USB to a PC it isn't recognised (I have tried xp, w7 and Ubuntu). There doesn't seem to be a USB drive mode like the boox Max. I have tried various apps where you put an ftp address in the browser but it just gives ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I have tried the app called "transfer" that came with it. I go to the site it generates on my phone- it is all in Chinese with only one button. I press the button I find the file and choose it. Then it sits on the site with 0% written next to it and it stays on 0% and doesn't do anything.

The closest I got was using a file manager app on the Max 2 pro which created an ftp which could open in windows. I dragged and dropped the file- it started to transfer- estimated and hour and a half. But it stopped with an error code after about 40 minutes transferring, saying it didn't have permission to put a file there.

The file is over 3gb, and that seems to be too big for the free cloud services. Without it the device is useless to me.

I tried "files by google" but it insists on location which the Max 2 pro won't give it whatever I press.

I also tried the otg approach, but while the Max 2 pro saw "USB storage" it says it is empty.

*how* can I get it on the damn thing?

Last edited by penguinator; 12-16-2019 at 07:45 PM.
penguinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
standard android connection.
usb to pc, open file explorer, drag and drop.

works fine for me
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I use https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Edit: sorry, just realised this is only for Macs

Last edited by rowe; 12-17-2019 at 04:22 PM.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #4
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinator View Post
I can't find a way. When I connect it by USB to a PC it isn't recognised (I have tried xp, w7 and Ubuntu). There doesn't seem to be a USB drive mode like the boox Max. I have tried various apps where you put an ftp address in the browser but it just gives ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
I don't have a Max 2 Pro, only a Max 2, but I suppose this would be pretty similar. My device is perfectly recognized (seen as a USB drive), both on Windows 7 and Ubuntu; I never had to do anything special with it. Maybe try with different cables?

If this doesn't work, maybe there's a problem on your device.

Does the Wifi connection work OK? If so, you could try configuring an email account and send your file as an attachment, or putting it on the Web and getting it from there. Not too practical, I know, but it should work.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:29 AM   #5
vtjnash
vtjnash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vtjnash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vtjnash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3, Boox Nova Pro
I discovered a third party freemium app called Pushbullet recently which seems to be working for my Nova Pro to make this process more seamless OTA. Not sure if 3GB is over some limits they might have though.

I have enough software dev experience I might set a local http server (python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80), connect by IP address, and download through the device browser, but I don’t know if that’s understandable to the layman.
vtjnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert