Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 03:52 AM   #91
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
The position works with the other fonts.
Check with other position (0,0) as I think the size (24) is quite big (in my case, 8 matches my footer font).

I cannot post my cfg file (it's inside my ereader and I'm at work now), but I can try it this night. After some faults, I have ChareInk working without moving the font from its place.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:02 AM   #92
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Yes, it must have been the size, I underestimated the value. It works now!
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 04:05 AM   #93
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
glad you got it sorted while I was having me beauty sleep :-)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #94
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@frostschutz: I only hope you look as good as your miniclock on my Clara now

I did some finetuning and got it aligned with the page margins in the lower left corner, where I wanted it.

x=47
y=1403
Font: GentiumBookBasic
Size: 9.5
Old 11-06-2018, 08:27 AM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can chop that down to 9, we only support integers .

(In fact, this will *fail* in FBInk >= 1.9.0, because of stricter input validation).

Code:
Found trailing characters (.5) behind value '9' assigned from string '9.5' to an option (t:size) expecting an unsigned short int.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #96
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I can't be 100% sure, but I think this hijacks the ability to turn nightmode on/off, I can't disable nightmode using brightness anymore (I haven't removed the MiniClock as I generally don't switch anyway). Just looking to see if this is normal, or if something else is going on with my Kobo Forma.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #97
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I'm clueless. It only passively reads the config file you point it to, without modifying the file. I don't see nightmode doing anything weird with inotify so - it should not be possible for MiniClock to influence behavior of other mods.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #98
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll tinker with my nightmode settings, I didn't think this mod would do it, but it was the last mod I'd installed after getting Nightmode going.

Thanks for clearing up any doubt though
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #99
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I can't be 100% sure, but I think this hijacks the ability to turn nightmode on/off, I can't disable nightmode using brightness anymore (I haven't removed the MiniClock as I generally don't switch anyway). Just looking to see if this is normal, or if something else is going on with my Kobo Forma.
NightMode (using the 100% toggle) with Miniclock is working fine for me on a ClaraHD. I won't have time to install it on my Forma until this evening.

One thing you could try. Nothing to do with Miniclock, but I have noticed previously that sometimes Nightmode's slide-to-100% brightness does not always take effect until you close the light pop-up.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #100
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

One thing you could try. Nothing to do with Miniclock, but I have noticed previously that sometimes Nightmode's slide-to-100% brightness does not always take effect until you close the light pop-up.
That did the trick. Odd that sliding had always worked for me before, but I can live with this toggle too since I'll be reading in white on black most of the time anyway.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #101
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Odd that sliding had always worked for me before
And it probably will again. I've never been able to detect a pattern of when it does/doesn't work just by waiting long enough.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:20 AM   #102
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
When I use nightmode by setting the light to 100% (or any percent, doesn't matter), the clock doesn't always have the white text on black. Sometimes it will start out correctly on the first page, but when I change the page, it reverts back to normal black text on white. This is on a Glo HD.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong between the nightmode and miniclock patches, or if it's not reliable in nightmode. Or maybe just not reliable on a Glo HD? I don't use nightmode often, so it's not a deal breaker at all, I'd live with it for the convenience of the clock.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:41 AM   #103
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I've turned on nightmode on my Clara HD, unfortunately, the miniclock does not invert colours. It stays black on white background.

This is my nightmode.ini:
Spoiler:

# config file for kobo-nightmode

[state]
invertActive = no # yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = no # yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800 # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)
debug=no # yes/no to enable/disable debug logging

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 3 #force refresh every X pages
#forceSWInvert = true #force SW invert mode (default: false)

[brightness]
1percentPatch = yes # yes / no : Nickel set brightness to 2% even when on UI it is set to 1%
# this patch will force brightenss to 1% when:
# - it was set to 1%, then it was set to 0% (for instance: stand-by) then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
# - it was set to 3%, then it was set to 1% then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
timeout = 5 # time in seconds, after brightness is set (and maintained) to a given level, to toggle the action set to that level
# switch device off
7 = echo -ne "\xfe\x0f\xc5\x54\xff\x6a\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\ x01\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0
# put device in standby
8 = echo -ne "\xf0\x0f\xc5\x54\x3c\xe0\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\ x01\x00\x00\x00\xf1\x0f\xc5\x54\x8e\xe3\x02\x00\x0 1\x00\x74\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0
# when brightness is set to 11% : special action, toggle night toggleNightMode
100 = toggleNightMode
99 = enableNightMode
98 = disableNightMode
#20 = dmesg > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/dmesg_$(date +%s).log &
#30 = mv -f /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /root/screenInv.so >/dev/null 2>&1
#50 = hwclock -w -u
#98 = touch /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test0.log &
#99 = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test.sh &
#some examples of invoking any script when brightness is set to X% for at least TIMEOUT seconds
#4 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world
#5 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world.async &
Old 11-07-2018, 04:39 AM   #104
frostschutz
Linux User

@LucyOne:

I think you have to set retainStateOverRestart to yes

otherwise it will always say invertActive = no and miniclock looks for invertActive = yes

@Ripplinger:

could it be the same issue?

otherwise the only thing I can think of... miniclock checks the timestamp of the file, and only looks at the file again if the timestamp changes. and that timestamp does not have microsecond resolution, but is actually a 1-second or even 2-second window.

So if you somehow manage to turn it on and off again in quick succession, miniclock might be stuck on the wrong value. I'll have to do some more testing if this is actually a case.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #105
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

@Frostschutz: Setting retainStateOverRestart to yes didn't help, unfortunately.

Edit 2: It works now after a reboot. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by LucyOne; 11-07-2018 at 11:21 AM.