Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #76
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Forget it, I think I already know the problem, my bad, I was including the wrong script (patches "beautifying")
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #77
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is. Sorry for not checking before ask. It's working and, now, I have to adjust the size and position.
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #78
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
no idea what is a beautifying patch in this context
but glad it works anyhow

Last edited by frostschutz; 11-05-2018 at 05:02 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #79
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Miniclock is included as part of the kobopatch (easier for me). As I have different readers, I've included the files in a common directory, and the ya,l file is modified for getting those files... Or that I thought
Old 11-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #80
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Using truetype and NightMode seems to be working very well on my ClaraHD.
Thank you very much frostschutz and NiLuJe

Regarding what happens when connected to PC via USB ... I see both versions (new truetype and old bitmap) of the time displayed on the Clara in their correct respective positions and fonts. Is that what you would expect? I don't particularly need to see the old bitmap version but it's not doing any harm.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #81
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I see both versions (new truetype and old bitmap) of the time displayed on the Clara in their correct respective positions and fonts. Is that what you would expect?
It might still see the truetype font when you hit the connect button, but the bitmap font is the only one that should update after that, so truetype font shows the "old clock, time at connect time".

There is no code in MiniClock to clear itself, it expects to be cleared as you flip the page, or expects the new time to show in the same position as the old.

It's actually possible with truetype fonts that it might leave visual fragments on the screen, like when switching from 00:00 to 00:01 if the 0 is wider than the 1 a fragment of 0 might remain - I haven't tested that part, and even so it should vanish with a pageflip.

You don't have this problem with the builtin bitmap fonts or fixed-width fonts in general.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #82
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
It might still see the truetype font when you hit the connect button, but the bitmap font is the only one that should update after that, so truetype font shows the "old clock, time at connect time".
Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I'd never noticed before that the bitmap time kept on updating.

What I should have said in my previous post is that personally I don't really need to see either of them displayed when connected via USB, but others may have a use for it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #83
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Ok I have this working for the non ttf fonts, but I can not get it working for ttf with NotoSerif

My config file

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# MiniClock config example file. For settings to take any effect,
# copy or rename this file to .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg.

#
# To uninstall, set to 1
#
uninstall=0

#
# Date format string ( see 'man strftime' )
#
format=%I:%M%p

#
# Where to print the clock
#
offset_x=610
offset_y=18

#
# Font: (IBM, UNSCII, ALT, THIN, FANTASY, MCR, TALL, BLOCK,
# LEGGIE, VEGGIE, KATES, FKP, CTRLD, ORP, ORPB, ORPI,
# SCIENTIFICA, SCIENTIFICAB, SCIENTIFICAI)
#
font=UNSCII

#
# Font Size:
#
size=03

#
# Color: (BLACK GRAY{1-9A-E} WHITE)
#
fg_color=BLACK
bg_color=WHITE

#
# TrueType support:
#
# For fonts inside the MiniClock directory:
# truetype=yourfont.ttf
#
# For fonts stored elsewhere in the filesystem:
# truetype=/mnt/onboard/fonts/something.ttf
#
# Only set these if you use *italic*, **bold**, ***bold italic*** in your format string:
#
# truetype_bold=/mnt/onboard/fonts/NotoSerif-Regular.ttf
truetype_format=***%I:%M%p***
# truetype_bold=/mnt/onboard/fonts/NotoSerif-Bold.ttf
# truetype_italic=/mnt/onboard/fonts/NotoSerif-Italic.ttf
truetype_bolditalic=/mnt/onboard/fonts/NotoSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
#
# Technically, this can also be used for completely different font styles,
# instead of italic or bold variants of the same font.
#
# NOTE: Will fall back to regular mode when font file is unavailable.
# (e.g. while the device is connected to USB)
#
truetype_size=16
truetype_x=610
truetype_y=18
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

#
# Update frequency: (update once every 60 seconds)
#
update=60

#
# Delay: (update 1 second after touch)
#
delay=1

#
# Repeat: (repeat update 3 times)
#
repeat=3

#
# NightMode support:
#
nightmode_file=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.ini
nightmode_key=invertActive
nightmode_value=yes
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:57 PM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@MGlitch: From a quick glance at the script, you need to set truetype to a font, that's how MiniClock toggle ot/ttf support on.

Note that if you really want to use BoldItalic *only*, you can, in which case you don't need the md syntax, if there's only one font loaded, it'll be used, no matter the style.
(In your case, set truetype, comment truetype_bold, and ditch the stars from truetype_format).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-05-2018 at 11:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #85
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks, i got it working by just dumping the font into MiniClock's directory and setting it up that way.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #86
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This is fantastic now with being able to use matching fonts. Perfect! Thank you for doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And before anyone tries: we unfortunately can't use system fonts, because they're obfuscated or encrypted or something... ;/
But to get around that I just put a copy of the system font I wanted to use into the miniclock directory (Georgia in my case to match the page numbers). You should be able to find free fonts on the net, or even look first in your Windows\Fonts directory, there's a good chance you already have it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:37 AM   #87
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I've tried a different font in the MiniClock directory, but it still doesn't work (see atttached zip file).
This is my config file, again not showing the clock in a book, only when connected to the PC:
Spoiler:

#
# To uninstall, set to 1
#
uninstall=0

#
#
format=%H:%M

#
#
offset_x=867
offset_y=1405

#
#
font=THIN

#
# Font Size:
#
size=3

#
#
fg_color=BLACK
bg_color=WHITE

#
# TrueType support:
#
# truetype=yourfont.ttf
#
#
# Only set these if you use *italic*, **bold**, ***bold italic*** in your format string:
#
# truetype_format=*%a* **%b** ***%d*** %H:%M
# truetype_bold=yourfont-bold.ttf
# truetype_italic=yourfont-italic.ttf
# truetype_bolditalic=yourfont-bolditalic.ttf
#
#
#
truetype=contra.ttf
truetype_format=%H:%M
truetype_size=24
truetype_x=867
truetype_y=1405
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

#
#
update=60

#
#
delay=1

#
#
repeat=3

#
# NightMode support:
#
nightmode_value=yes

Maybe someone could post their working configuration with a ttf font?
Attached Files
File Type: zip contra.zip (33.2 KB, 220 views)
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:58 AM   #88
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I've tried a different font in the MiniClock directory, but it still doesn't work (see atttached zip file).
This is my config file, again not showing the clock in a book, only when connected to the PC:
Spoiler:

#
# To uninstall, set to 1
#
uninstall=0

#
#
format=%H:%M

#
#
offset_x=867
offset_y=1405

#
#
font=THIN

#
# Font Size:
#
size=3

#
#
fg_color=BLACK
bg_color=WHITE

#
# TrueType support:
#
# truetype=yourfont.ttf
#
#
#
# truetype_format=*%a* **%b** ***%d*** %H:%M
# truetype_bold=yourfont-bold.ttf
# truetype_italic=yourfont-italic.ttf
# truetype_bolditalic=yourfont-bolditalic.ttf
#
#
#
truetype=contra.ttf
truetype_size=24
truetype_x=867
truetype_y=1405
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

#
#
update=60

#
#
delay=1

#
#
repeat=3

#
# NightMode support:
#
nightmode_value=yes

I can't test your font right now.
To get your cfg working you must have font into miniclock folder.
To avoid this issue put the full path
truetype=/mnt/onboard/fonts/contra.ttf
truetype=/mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock/contra.ttf
or whatever.
Do you test another position (0,0)?
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:11 AM   #89
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
The position works with the other fonts.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:51 AM   #90
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:

Quote:
The position works with the other fonts.
I'm 99% certain that it's the placement for the truetype font, it will be different than the other fonts initially in the file. The size 24 for the truetype fonts is very large, so that probably is placing it off screen.

For my Glo HD, initially I've used 867 and 1405 as you have. But for the truetype font section, I decreased the font size to match the page number size. This is the truetype section I'm using to align with the page numbers:

truetype=contra.ttf
truetype_size=8
truetype_x=937
truetype_y=1403
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

See if that doesn't show the font for you. Then adjust the x and y pixel placement if needed, and the font size if you find 8 is too small for you. Remember if you enlarge the font size, you will have to decrease the x and y placement to compensate.

I'm using Georgia font, so you might have to adjust the x and y and size for your specified font.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 11-06-2018 at 03:56 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote