Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 AM   #1
umeshg
Connoisseur
umeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony DPTS-1
File Transfer Onyx Boox 10.3

I am transferring files folders and files from my laptop by copying and pasting but it just freezes and does not copy files

Can anyone assist

Thank you
umeshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #2
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshg View Post
I am transferring files folders and files from my laptop by copying and pasting but it just freezes and does not copy files

Can anyone assist

Thank you
Hi, hmm, I just got my Note and have only actually transferred (via USB) from the Note to my laptop and then only the user-manual. The 'other way' I transferred a 1,100 page PDF from my laptop to the Note using bluetooth without problems. I'll tray a few larger transfers today of both folders and file and see how it goes.... (using the USB that is)
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Dragging and dropping files should be fairly easy. However, you may have to tick a box somewhere to give permission to transfer files to and from your computer.

I believe there's usually a permission box that pops up on the Note the first time you attach it via usb cable to a computer.

If the popup box didn't appear, try tapping on the status bar when it is connected to your computer. That may bring up the box allowing you to give it permission to transfer files.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Dragging and dropping files should be fairly easy. However, you may have to tick a box somewhere to give permission to transfer files to and from your computer.

I believe there's usually a permission box that pops up on the Note the first time you attach it via usb cable to a computer.

If the popup box didn't appear, try tapping on the status bar when it is connected to your computer. That may bring up the box allowing you to give it permission to transfer files.
I didn't get a permission-box for the USB - but I did of course have to 'pair' the Note & laptop via confirmation of a code generated by one or the other machine, I forget which.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
I didn't get a permission-box for the USB - but I did of course have to 'pair' the Note & laptop via confirmation of a code generated by one or the other machine, I forget which.
Interesting. I don't recall getting a code to "pair" the devices when connecting them via a USB cable. But perhaps that's because I'm still running Windows 7? Or perhaps I just forgot that I did it. Sometimes I just go into automatic mode with these things.

However, when my Note is connected to the computer via the USB cable, there is a USB symbol visible in the status bar on the homescreen of the Note.

If you tap on the status bar, you can then tap on the USB symbol in the dropdown menu. That brings up a box with a variety of options which you can choose from, one of which is "File Trnsfers: Transfers files to Windows or Mac (MTP)" which should allow one to easily drag and drop files/folders between the two devices.
Advert
Old 05-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #6
umeshg
Connoisseur
umeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Also I did not get any permission box. What do you mean by pair - do you mean bluetooth

Thaks
Old 05-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Also I did not get any permission box. What do you mean by pair - do you mean bluetooth

Thaks
When you attach your Note to your computer, do you get a USB symbol in the status bar on the Note? A three pronged symbol that kind of looks like a trident?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Interesting. I don't recall getting a code to "pair" the devices when connecting them via a USB cable. But perhaps that's because I'm still running Windows 7? Or perhaps I just forgot that I did it. Sometimes I just go into automatic mode with these things.

However, when my Note is connected to the computer via the USB cable, there is a USB symbol visible in the status bar on the homescreen of the Note.

If you tap on the status bar, you can then tap on the USB symbol in the dropdown menu. That brings up a box with a variety of options which you can choose from, one of which is "File Trnsfers: Transfers files to Windows or Mac (MTP)" which should allow one to easily drag and drop files/folders between the two devices.
URK! - my mistake! The 'pair' function was indeed with bluetooth - apologies, a moment of stupidity methinks...
Old 05-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #9
umeshg
Connoisseur

yes thx just seen it i have selected file transfer but still same issue

thx
Old 05-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #10
charliebub
Connoisseur

A quick test - here's my sequence of events upon connecting my Windows 10 laptop to the Note - both devices running normally...

1) connect cable.
2) the 'three-pronged' USB symbol appears in the top bar of the Note's screen and a beep sound is heard from the laptop as the connection is made.
3) going to file explorer on laptop to look for the Note - Note appears under the 'this pc' section as 'note' with a nice icon - under this level there's 'internal storage', beneath which is the main (top) folder-list of the Note - see attached image.

moving over to the Note,

4) tapping/touching the usb symbol simply brings up the battery/wifi/bluetooth/setting/volume menu, as usual - the usb symbol doesn't 'do' anything except inform you of the connection it seems.
CORRECTION - tapping the symbol does bring a box with the file-transfer option - I missed it somehow.....
5) the laptop's files aren't visible on the Note, but the Note's are visible on the laptop - so the laptop must I think be used for the transfers either way...

So-far that's it

Last edited by charliebub; 08-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #11
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
yes thx just seen it i have selected file transfer but still same issue

thx
Hmmm. I'd try rebooting both the Note and the computer, and then have another go at it. Sometimes a simple reboot will resolve such issues. You might also want to try using a different cable. sometimes cables can be the problem.

If that doesn't work, try connecting your Note to another computer. That way you'll see if the problem lies with the Note or with the computer.

If the problem lies with the Note, I'd try a factory reset and then begin the whole process again
Old 10-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #12
evolutionevo
evolutionevo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2Pro
I just solved my problem today. (With the correct selection of "File Transfers: Transfers files to Windows or Mac (MTP)")
Error message: "this requires resources in use"
Solution:
When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane and try close the "Preview Pane"
(Window Explorer - View- untick "Preview Pane") now the problem should be resolved.
evolutionevo is offline   Reply With Quote