Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
kka11
kka11 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle android
Calibre Companion Says I Need to Connect to Wifi Even Though I Already am Connected.

My Calibre companion no longer connects to wifi. It has been working fine, this is the first time I have encountered this problem. When I try to connect as wireless device it says that I must connect to wifi first. I have a galaxy note by samsung. I am connected to wifi on my note. I have tried turning on and off my wifi and uninstalling/ installing calibre companion on my note, but I get the same message. Calibre seems to be working on my pc fine anf I am not getting any connection errors.

Please help..... thank you...
kka11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you could you send me a calibre companion (CC) debug log then I can look at what CC thinks is happening. You can send a debug log by first attempting to connect (and presumably failing), then going to CC's settings, scrolling to the botton, and choosing "Send a debug log to MultiPie". Please remove the multipie.co.uk email address, which is for my son. There is no reason to disturb him, as I am working on the problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
kka11

Hi Thanks for the speedy response. I have emailed you the log as requested.
Thank you.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are running a cyanogenmod (non-standard) version of Android, t0ltetmo designed for the Samsung Galaxy Note II from T-Mobile, that apparently does not correctly report its wifi state. It is telling CC either that wifi is off or that some other network (probably a cellular network) is the default network. The log doesn't have enough information to distinguish between these two possibilities.

Did you recently upgrade/change versions of the cyanogenmod package? If so, then revert to the one you had before when it worked.

If your cellular data network is enabled, try disabling it. That should prevent cyanogenmod from reporting that the default network is cellular (if it is actually doing that).

Otherwise I don't see what I can do about it.

Last edited by chaley; 11-14-2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: be more clear about cyanogenmod being non-standard
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #5
kka11

Thanks Chaley. It started working on its own.
Advert
Old 11-21-2014, 03:44 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kka11 View Post
Thanks Chaley. It started working on its own.
Yet another mystery of life.

Glad it is working now.