Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
boox or neo

I've been using a Bebook One for about 2 years, and really like it except for one thing - it does not allow using internal toc links for epubs. I find that really annoying because it means that one can't go to bookmarks etc. via hyperlinks.

Thus, I'm thinking about another ebook reader. The neo or the boox seems about right but I wanted to be sure that they support epub hyperlinks, and also wondered if there is any difference between the boox 60 and the neo?

Also, what negatives are involved with these two readers?
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
briwayjones
Beo Neo!
briwayjones doesn't litterbriwayjones doesn't litter

Device: Bebook Neo
The Boox 60 and Neo are identical really. The only difference is some minor things in the firmware versions. But you can use either of the firmwares on each device so that totally negates the difference. The biggest negative about the devices is probably that so far the battery life doesn't come close to the 7000 page turns maximum they rate them at. That may be fixed in future firmware updates but I can't say for sure.
briwayjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
boox or neo

Thanks for the info. I searched a bit on MR and found that the internal tocs do work, so that is a big plus. Although I'd rather have a new a reader that is basically like the bebook one but with touch screen capability for internal html tocs, and cheaper than neo. I may go with the Neo/Boox even though I have little interest in one that is jammed up with other things such as wifi and internet access (although that seems pretty limited anyway according to some posts) that probably reduce battery life.

Battery life is pretty important, and one of the big negatives against the ipad.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
briwayjones
Beo Neo!
briwayjones doesn't litterbriwayjones doesn't litter

Device: Bebook Neo
You can turn the wifi completely off on the Neos and Boox 60s. There is an actual switch for that. From what I've reader they handle HTML better than other readers. And the little I've used HTML on my Neo it seems to do fine. I haven't used any other readers so I don't know how it compares.
briwayjones is offline   Reply With Quote