Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Digitimes: Computex 2010 e-readers

Digitimes has a nice listing (with photos) of the e-reader devices sighted at Computex 2010 so far. Nice to see Asus 9" reader still seems to be in the works. Got a bit worried as all the press has been on the EeePad and EeeTablet. Interesting that there's no info coming out of Computex about it's release date etc

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100603VL203.html
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Humbaba
Humbaba began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
Nice to see Asus 9" reader still seems to be in the works. Got a bit worried as all the press has been on the EeePad and EeeTablet. Interesting that there's no info coming out of Computex about it's release date etc
Hooray! The ASUS readers are the whole reason I found this site--I'm researching my first e-reader purchase, and the 900 is at the top of my list. If it comes out sometime before September and for under $300, then I can quiet my itchy "Buy Now" finger until then.
Humbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Sigh. Computex as a whole is a disappointment. I haven't seen any promising tablet or ebook reader reports coming out of there, despite the massive tablet turnout.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Sigh. Computex as a whole is a disappointment. I haven't seen any promising tablet or ebook reader reports coming out of there, despite the massive tablet turnout.
Are you kidding. There is the ExoPC which looks amazing. There is a battery issue but it is still being tweeked. The Asus window reader also looks very promising. To think that I can buy a reader where I don't have to worry about the fight between epub and Mobipocket is refreshing.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
Are you kidding. There is the ExoPC which looks amazing. There is a battery issue but it is still being tweeked. The Asus window reader also looks very promising. To think that I can buy a reader where I don't have to worry about the fight between epub and Mobipocket is refreshing.
You don't tweak 5 hours to be 10 hours. ExoPC is hardly different from any other current 5-hour tablet. edit: I may be speaking a bit unfairly about ExoPC, but I'm horribly disappointed in a 5-hour battery life, so I'm clumping it together with all the other 5-hour tablets I'm definitely not going to buy.

Asus didn't have anything real going on either. The EP101TC is promising but horribly unfinished, and the EP121 is a pretty big (in more ways than one) unknown.

There were no new-gen EPD products, no decent e-paper products, no real products with near-term launch dates, and no decent iPad competitors. Was hoping for a few Pixel Qi announcements, but only got more concepts and one dubious tablet announced from a no-name company. I guess it's to be expected, as Computex isn't really about showing real products or announcing launch dates in the near-term.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 06-06-2010 at 04:30 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert