Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
longhair75
longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hello, all. It is good to find this place

Good afternoon friends,

I have been an e-book enthusiast for a couple of years. I started out reading stuff on my Dell Axim, and then found the Sony PRS 505.
longhair75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, longhair75

I have had the 505 for over a year and love it.

Did you know that MR has free ebooks? They have been beautifully handcrafted by some very dedicated MR members.

ePub format and Sony BBeB / lrf format

Free ebook sites

feedbooks.com
manybooks.net

Free and for purchase ebooks

smashwords.com
baen.com
Plus Baen has a great free library

You can even explore using Calibre and Kovid, the creator, frequents the forums here. We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you have any questions.

PS Check my signature and click on the links to find more information.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, longhair75.

Click on my or Dream's links for lots of great site info.......enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
longhair75
longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Thank you for the kind welcome, my new friends.

I found this site while getting ready to download Calibre and I have been moving my downloads to this platform this afternoon. I have been frequenting many of the links that friend dreams posted.

I have bought half a dozen books from the Baen site, mainly because I like to support them in their free library idea. All things being equal, I would be willing to spend a couple of bucks more there per item than buying from another site just to help keep the doors open.

Piers Anthony implied on his site that he did not thing the Baen Free Library would succeed.
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
I have bought half a dozen books from the Baen site, mainly because I like to support them in their free library idea. All things being equal, I would be willing to spend a couple of bucks more there per item than buying from another site just to help keep the doors open.

Piers Anthony implied on his site that he did not thing the Baen Free Library would succeed.
If you mean http://www.hipiers.com/publishing.html
Quote:
BAEN BOOKS - www.baen.com/library/. This is a traditional publisher, offering a number of titles for free downloading, trusting that this will in the end generate more sales. I'll be interested to see if that works.
I don't think Piers Anthony is giving an opinion here one way or another. But I think he must have written this some time ago. The Baen Free Library has been going for nearly 10 years now, and Baen seems to be doing very well indeed.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
longhair75

Friend pdurrant,

That is exactly the portion of Mr. Anthony's site I was referring to. I took it to mean that he did not think the Baen site was viable.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the SITE!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Hope you can resist the addiction to it. Too many of us have already fallen wayside :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #10
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi longhair75, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	33070516_GARFISHINGDAHELLOvi.gif
Views:	245
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	46257 longhair, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
longhair75

Once again: Thank you all for the kind welcome