Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
thewriterkid
thewriterkid began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet.
Note Taking?

Do either the 600 or daily edition support note taking outside of a book. I mean like to make grocery lists or journals? Also, if they do, is there a limit on how long these notes can be? Thanks!
thewriterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewriterkid View Post
Do either the 600 or daily edition support note taking outside of a book. I mean like to make grocery lists or journals? Also, if they do, is there a limit on how long these notes can be? Thanks!
Yep. The 600 does, I assume the daily does, too. Both freehand "drawings" and virtual keyboard "text memos" (but not both together as far as I can figure out. I believe the drawings can only be one page. I don't think text memos have a character limit (but text notes within a book do? don't have time to look it up in the manual).

I also plan to make a quick "book" with my typical shopping items. Then I can open that book, cross off the things I don't want that trip using create/edit notes, and continue to cross off items as I get them at the store. End of that trip, "erase notes" and I have a clean slate for next time. That way I can arrange my list in order of how my store is arranged.....
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
Yes the 900 does as well. I have a few fairlr long notes where I made a list of the physiscal books that I have.

Zieg, thats sounds like a good idea for the shopping list. Keep up the good fight..
Chris
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Yep. The 600 does, I assume the daily does, too. Both freehand "drawings" and virtual keyboard "text memos" (but not both together as far as I can figure out. I believe the drawings can only be one page. I don't think text memos have a character limit (but text notes within a book do? don't have time to look it up in the manual).

I also plan to make a quick "book" with my typical shopping items. Then I can open that book, cross off the things I don't want that trip using create/edit notes, and continue to cross off items as I get them at the store. End of that trip, "erase notes" and I have a clean slate for next time. That way I can arrange my list in order of how my store is arranged.....
Just like what Hipster PDA / DIYPlanner does?
http://www.diyplanner.com/
benlau is offline   Reply With Quote