Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Only 6 days to go. (hopefully, maybe, pleeassse)

I'll be seriously bummed, if we wake up next week to find the iLiad shop is open .. For Pre'Orders.. bah.

I work for a software company an this baby is going to be seriously useful for viewing release notes and admin guides etc on. Not to mention ebooks of course.

Does anyone know what the RSS support will be like? I've a 2GB CF card waiting for a new home soo please Irex give us all a break.

Last edited by onceways; 05-25-2006 at 03:43 AM.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
I am also eagerly awaiting the release of the iLiad.
I dont think they will frustrate potential customers even more by doing a pre-order scheme (or i sure hope they dont).

I guess they are a bit overwhelmed by the attention and interest their product receives and they are just working frenetically to iron out last-minute problems.

I also have a question for the European readers of MobileRead:
I will be leaving for Europe at the end of this month and probably i will purchase the iLiad while i'm there. Is the VAT in effect in all european countries?
I will be in Romania for the summer, and i'm wondering if i will have to pay VAT if buying from there.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2006, 04:29 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Well, they wont open the shop today, i guess, because their Webcompany is in germany and today they have a holiday. Probably not on the weekend either. So my bet is on either Monday or Wednesday
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
the chinese shop is opne, so maybe tomorrow it'll open here...today is a holiday (at least in Germany) so it#s not very probable that they'll open it now...but i'm still checking every 2 minutes...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
There's a two-days holiday on in the Netherlands right now.
Some companies are open for business, some are closed.
But I don't know if Irex has closed for the weekend or not.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

2 days? That's strange...I always thought the germans were the laziest...^^
Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

hehe, guess thats right for me. How about your CommanderROR?
Old 05-25-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

could be, could be...^^

Although I have to do a lot at the moment...have an audition tomorrow and my final exam 2 weeks after...

But basically...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac

well then, good luck with your audition and exam.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thanks....
Old 05-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #11
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
It is two days in Germany also (at least effectively). It is "Fathers Day" so all men go drinking. No company expects sober workers tomorrow.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
the chinese shop is opne....
Really? Do you have that URL handy?

I can't read Chinese, but it'd be nice to have something new to drool at.

--- Edit ---

Er, never mind, I just saw it on the other thread.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:38 PM   #13
Rechard
Rechard began at the beginning.

"the chinese shop is open" is ture, price of RMB9600(1200USD) is true, but when i try to order one just now by call, i was replied there has hadn't goods now. i am very disconsolate.
Rechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Short article from 8 issue of dutch "Bright" magazine about Iliad

http://www.bright.nl/node/1383

Here's Babel Fish Translation:

Also Edwin Mons walked around with the electronic book reader Iliad of iRex. The baffle works with electronic ink as a result of which it has a much better acerbity. It does not refresh to itself, so that you can read very well hours. Only disadvantage is that building lasts that certainly of the pages a seconde and he is possible colours still no to. According to Mons the Iliad over approximately two weeks are order on the site of iRex.

The question is: When was nomber 8 published? Or it was not?

Comennts at the bottom of a page start from 22-th of May...

Last edited by TaKir; 05-26-2006 at 10:30 AM.
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #15
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
So thats about the same time that they were saying "the next couple of weeks" on the UK channel 4 news then.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote