Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Add the Commments in meta data to an existing LRF file

So, the new nifty feature that was added to calibre to create an new page after the cover that contains the meta data including the comments is great ... except that all my files are .lrf and it won't re-convert the file to .lrf. I used another tool to create .rtf's from all my .lrf's - but - of course now there is no meta data for those new .rtf files, so I'm still out of luck. Is there some type of work around?
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just add the rtf as a new format to your exisint g lrf books in the calibre library via the the edit metadata dialog and the convert the rtf to lrf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
My folders are hopelessly messed up due to my stupidity - since the previous file folders exist along w/ the .db - can I download the previous version and then I'll upgrade, recreate the .rtf files and proceed. Can you provide the location of the download for the previous version? Thanks.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, I don't keep previous versions, sorry.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote