Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #151
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
Thank you for teaching me sensei.

P.S.
I didn’t know that Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series is considered a romance series, or a 'Harlequin romance', whatever that is! Is that American for Mills & Boons? I would have thought that is was more Historical Fiction or even Science Fiction?
Yes, Harlequin is the US "brand name" of M&B.

I'd consider "Outlander" to be "girly romance" too, if it's of any interest. I tried to read it and gave up. Not my cup of tea at all!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #152
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, Harlequin is the US "brand name" of M&B.

I'd consider "Outlander" to be "girly romance" too, if it's of any interest. I tried to read it and gave up. Not my cup of tea at all!
Yes, I can't imagine you enjoying it.

Last edited by dragonbone; 03-29-2009 at 07:36 PM.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #153
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I've spent the morning browsing and downloading from the Google library section on Sony. Yes, some editions leave something to be desired as people have mentioned. But, some also don't. I grabbed several books from the Harry Houdini Collection, these are books that are long out of print and will never be a part of PG. Scanning them quickly, they looked fine. I hope the people here who are finding bad texts on Sony's Google site are using the link to report them.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 AM   #154
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
I grabbed several books from the Harry Houdini Collection, these are books that are long out of print and will never be a part of PG.
Many - perhaps even most - books that appear on PG are "long out of print". What is it about these particular books that means they will never be a part of PG?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #155
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Many - perhaps even most - books that appear on PG are "long out of print". What is it about these particular books that means they will never be a part of PG?
Maybe 'never' is too strong of a word, but I really doubt most of the Houdini Collection ever will be. The Houdini Collection was Harry Houdini's private research library, most of it is books and journals on the turn of the century Spiritualist movement. Some of the books are extremely rare, as in one of a kind; and others are books that had limited private runs or were never available to the general public. It is considered to be one of the largest, if not the largest, private collection on Spritualism, demonology, magic, etc. in the world. While some of these books may end up being in PG one day, it's likely that they will come from these files and not from someone using an actual copy of the book.

He left the collection to the Library of Congress when he died. You can find out more about it here:
http://www.loc.gov/rr/rarebook/coll/122.html
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
google books, sony reader