Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
OK ... here's a lawsuit that is actually frivolous

Since so many of you like to discuss "frivolous" lawsuits that aren't actually frivolous (mostly because someone is actually injured and has real damages), I thought I would let you read about one (thrown out of court because .... well, because it was a frivolous suit) that was in my news feed today:

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) -- A Connecticut judge has given the brush-off to a blonde woman's lawsuit claiming L'Oreal Inc. ruined her social life when she accidentally dyed her hair brunette with one of its products.

Charlotte Feeney of Stratford says she can never return to her natural blonde hue, a shock that left her so traumatized she needed anti-depressants.

She says she suffered headaches and anxiety, missed the attention that blondes receive and had to stay home and wear hats most of the time.

A Superior Court judge dismissed Feeney's 2005 lawsuit Monday, saying she never proved her allegation that L'Oreal put brown hair dye in a box labeled as blonde. The company also had disputed the claim.

Feeney referred questions on Wednesday to her attorney, David Laudano, who has declined to comment.

So, if I am to understand this correctly .... she had to dye her hair in order to maintain a "natural" blonde hue??

And, she can "never" go back to that hue?? Not even if she lets her hair grow out??

And then .... what about all those brunettes who dye their hair blonde?? What makes it utterly impossible to just dye her now brown hair blonde?? It wouldn't be any worse than a dual process job.

And ... she "missed the attention that blondes receive" .... really?? Where do I sign up for that one?? Last time I checked, I was a blonde and I certainly don't remember getting any "attention" because of it (unless you count the extra attention from dimwits who think "blonde jokes" are funny).

Not to mention the absolutely ENORMOUS proof problem since she didn't save the original supposedly defective dye and packaging.

What sort of idiot spends several hundreds of dollars to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit, when the same amount, spent at a good hair salon, would have solved her problem in about two hours. (And, if anyone says "a blonde one" ... I will find you and kill you in a really unpleasant manner. Not to mention that she only engaged in this moronic behavior AFTER she was no longer blonde).

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 10-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
(And, if anyone says "a blonde one" ... I will find you and kill you in a really unpleasant manner.
Well that pretty much uses up all my humor on the topic.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
So this blonde walks into a bar......oh nevermind
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Clearly, this proves that a blond dying her hair dark does not result in artificial intelligence.

This suit at least proves that there is no discernible correlation between hair color and intelligence -- since she was obviously no smarter with either color.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
You'd think they eventually would remember to duck ....
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well that pretty much uses up all my humor on the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Don't you just hate it when I anticipate your abuse and pretty much cut you off at the knees??

Life is so much more pleasant this way .... I do so hate having to hunt people down and kill them.

(I was up all last night with the trots. I'm in a seriously foul mood this morning. My intestines feel like someone tried to rotor router them with a shotgun.)
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Clearly, this proves that a blond dying her hair dark does not result in artificial intelligence.

This suit at least proves that there is no discernible correlation between hair color and intelligence -- since she was obviously no smarter with either color.
Now, there's an analysis that makes sense to me.

I always knew you were a smart kid, NatCh.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

Gee, thanks, lady ... but somehow when you say "smart" I still hear the "aleck."
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
And ... she "missed the attention that blondes receive" .... really?? Where do I sign up for that one?? Last time I checked, I was a blonde and I certainly don't remember getting any "attention" because of it (unless you count the extra attention from dimwits who think "blonde jokes" are funny).
Aw shucks, Ricky, your cats pay attention to you.

Well, actually, they probably don't... they're cats. But I bet the dogs do!

And right now you could use a little less attention from certain microbial organisms....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Gee, thanks, lady ... but somehow when you say "smart" I still hear the "aleck."
No ... no .... never read anything into what I say. If I meant "smart aleck" I would have said "smart aleck."

Would you prefer if I said I always thought you were an intelligent kid??
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, what's the big deal? If she can't wait for her hair to grow back, she can always get a boob job (a physical one, that is, to match her obvious mental state), and I'm sure she'll get "all the attention" she used to receive in due course...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Aw shucks, Ricky, your cats pay attention to you.

Well, actually, they probably don't... they're cats. But I bet the dogs do!

And right now you could use a little less attention from certain microbial organisms....
My dogs are complete and total whores. They will pay attention to anyone with or without a treat in their hands. They LOVE ninety nine percent of the human race (there are a rare few that the girls do not like ... and I don't know why).

I'm not going to work too long today. I don't think I'm exactly well yet. Although, I just got my bed desk set up ... so maybe I'll rest and work at the same time.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
No ... no .... never read anything into what I say. If I meant "smart aleck" I would have said "smart aleck."
Oh. Must have been the voices in my head again.

Quote:
My dogs ... LOVE ninety nine percent of the human race (there are a rare few that the girls do not like ... and I don't know why).
We have one who loves almost everyone, so when he doesn't like somebody, we assume there's probably something unapparent that's 'off' about them (mentally/emotionally/etc.), it's a better meter than you might expect.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
One of my cats likes everyone. The other likes playing with everyone's heads. She pretends to be a cute little kitty, and when people come near her, she performs her instant metamorphosis into a Frenetic Buzz-Saw of Doom. Then she follows people around, or, by preference, sits in the middle of the doorway they are about to go through, and looks up at them with a gaze that is somehow simultaneously innocent and quite frighteningly malign.

She's mellowed a lot over the past few years, but she used to single particular people out for this treatment, including my mother and one of my best friends, neither of which had anything "off" about them, as far as I can tell. I think she picks on anyone she thinks she can get a good reaction from.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
You'd think they eventually would remember to duck ....
Why bring me into this Mr. Smarty Pants?!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness