Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Other cloud storage besides Amazon??

Is it possible to upload books to an alternative cloud storage and then when wanted download them to a Kindle ereader? And if it is possible what are some good options?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Is it possible to upload books to an alternative cloud storage and then when wanted download them to a Kindle ereader? And if it is possible what are some good options?

Dropbox is what I use. The Kindle can recognized from it's web browser the mobi file and downloads it to your ereader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Dropbox is what I use. The Kindle can recognized from it's web browser the mobi file and downloads it to your ereader.
Does it work with KF8?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does it work with KF8?
I have no idea. I've never tried to download a AZW3 file. Someone here I am sure can answer that.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does it work with KF8?
If they have a Mobi extension it does. Never tried with any other extension.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
TikiGawd
Cogito ergo non ovis.
TikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch
Google Drive and The Paperwhite's browser also work fine with .azw3 and .mobi.
TikiGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

With Dropbox do you have to keep the files in the folder on your computer or is there a way to be able to remove them and yet keep the uploaded books in the cloud storage?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I don't do the PC sync thing for Dropbox. I just do it through the browser anymore since I had a fairly bad mishap with deleting files in the "folder" thinking they'd still be on the cloud and they were all gone. Maybe there's some setting I missed, but I'm not sure.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
I don't do the PC sync thing for Dropbox. I just do it through the browser anymore since I had a fairly bad mishap with deleting files in the "folder" thinking they'd still be on the cloud and they were all gone. Maybe there's some setting I missed, but I'm not sure.
Ah ok. I had done it via the folder and when I tried removing the folder from my computer the files vanished too. Will have to try uploading them via browser. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Ah ok. I had done it via the folder and when I tried removing the folder from my computer the files vanished too. Will have to try uploading them via browser. Thanks.
That's the way DB works. Everything in your DB folder is the same as what's on your DB Cloud space. If you want it to not do this you have to do a selective sync instead a full one.

Example: I have my Calibre Library in my Dropbox Folder on my Desktop and it's on the Cloud but I do not want it downloading 9 GB to my Netbook so on my Netbook I have Dropbox program set through Preference/Advanced/Selective Sync to not sync that folder to my netbook.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's the way DB works. Everything in your DB folder is the same as what's on your DB Cloud space. If you want it to not do this you have to do a selective sync instead a full one.

Example: I have my Calibre Library in my Dropbox Folder on my Desktop and it's on the Cloud but I do not want it downloading 9 GB to my Netbook so on my Netbook I have Dropbox program set through Preference/Advanced/Selective Sync to not sync that folder to my netbook.
Thanks for the tip Blossom.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You know... it's funny how things all synchronise..

Imagine a device where it would be possible to manage your own style of storage... we are.

Good thoughts all. Perhaps something new this way will come.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #14
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I have Dropbox program set through Preference/Advanced/Selective Sync to not sync that folder to my netbook.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote