Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
diolu
diolu began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
adding HTML files into Calibre

I am trying to add the python 2.7.3 documentation (HTML files). So I add the index.html file. But what Calibre add is mentioned as a ZIP and trying to convert it to Epub just fails (it gives a 10 pages Epub with HTML code in it). But when I go into the Calibre folder, I see that the zip file is in reality an Epub file. I copy this file outside of the Calibre folder and rename it to *.epub and then re-add it into Calibre. Now Calibre sees it correctly as an Epub file and display it correctly. Is this a known bug? I use Calibre 0.9.3-1 on Linux
diolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is normal for Calibre to add an HTML file as a ZIP. It does this because most HTML based ebooks consist of multiple files and Calibre can only store one file for each format.

Epub fils are also ZIP files under the covers. However they normally contain additional files that are not in a standard HTML book. i think that the rename worked for you is just dumb luck - perhaps the HTML file you added was actually part of an unpacked EPUB book?

Quite why your original conversion failed is difficult to determine without looking at the actual files input to the conversion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert