Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #31
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
I think it might be something like that, but, i didnt figure out yet how to check this on the first menu, i just can set priorities on the submenus [apps] and [hidden features]. how should I do that ?
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #32
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
I think it might be something like that, but, i didnt figure out yet how to check this on the first menu, i just can set priorities on the submenus [apps] and [hidden features]. how should I do that ?
Just like you would with submenus. Here's an example.
Quote:
"name": "Test",
"priority": 0,
"items": [
{"name": "Test", "priority": 0, "action": "Just a test"},
{"name": "Don't Test", "priority": 1, "action": "not a test"}}
(Note this will not work .)
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Just like you would with submenus. Here's an example.

(Note this will not work .)

Yeah . I got the sintax but what i am saying is that i control that, in submenus by editing the menu.json from inside [apps] or [hidden features] folders, what i donīt have in main extensions folder. Where is this "first" "menu.json" ?

In extensions i just have a .xml witch contains other sintax and things ...

got it ?

this is how it all looks like now - launcher , mnt/us/extensions and mnt/us -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-23T20_47_31-0257.gif
Views:	360
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	89623   Click image for larger version

Name:	root.PNG
Views:	361
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	89624   Click image for larger version

Name:	extensions.PNG
Views:	312
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	89625  

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-23-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: img
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #34
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Yeah . I got the sintax but what i am saying is that i control that, in submenus by editing the menu.json from inside [apps] or [hidden features] folders, what i donīt have in main extensions folder. Where is this "first" "menu.json" ?

In extensions i just have a .xml witch contains other sintax and things ...

got it ?

this is how it looks like now
Ahh, okay.... Goto apps and click Update Launcher after you change the priority. The menu does not always automatically change (Just a guess but it maybe it is run from ram and loads settings ahead of time... Again just a guess.) Using Update Launcher will killall cvm and reset the launcher....
Old 07-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #35
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

I updated the upper post w some shots ...

Update laucher just makes some kind of reset , but nothing changes .

I havenīt changed the priority of games because i didnīt find the respective json...
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
I updated the upper post w some shots ...

Update laucher just makes some kind of reset , but nothing changes .

I havenīt changed the priority of games because i didnīt find the respective json...
Hmm..... Well I have no clue... I guess just wait until I post the new version and try that. Sorry .

P.S. - You could remove the games folder and re-add it from the current version. From what it should like the menu.json got removed some how... Who knows what else got removed....

Last edited by Titano; 07-23-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Update: I have built an install/uninstall launcher for it so all you have to do is copy over an extension folder. The install will be over when the kindle startup screen shows up. (If it does not show up after a minute it did not work...) Uninstall is almost instant so the only prompt will be the missing collections from the gui launcher. Uninstall Menu removes the installer scripts and files. All you should have to do is copy the launcher to extensions. If you have any problems please comment, also check list for new additions. Thanks for using this . Hope I saved you some time.

I am new to the kindle hacking scene and I love it. Everything is open source and a newb like me can learn it quick enough. The one complaint I have is the lack of organization in the gui Launcher. I have overcome this by creating menu's in the gui launcher to launch my apps. I don't know if anyone wants this or if it's any help but I am uploading my extension folder which contains the following apps as listed.
  • Apps
    • Komic v1.7
      • Run Comic
      • Decompress CBZs and CBRs
      • Rename files
      • Delete scheduled folders
    • Update Launcher
    • Start (or Stop) Usbnetwork
    • Start XTerm
    • (etcl) Calculator
  • Games
    • Sudoku
    • Sokoban
    • Reversi
    • Tic Tac Toe
    • Ataxx
    • Gems
  • Hidden Features

I don't claim to know what I'm doing or that I'm good at this I just wanted to help. That said I am not responsible for any damage (but what could happen?) I hope I didn't waste your time and that I was of some help. If you want a program added or removed I am glad to help (I would like to see all of the apps their are) just post a reply. for reading.
You forgot to attach the updated?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #38
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
You forgot to attach the updated?
Thanks ... Sorry about that.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #39
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Thanks !

But just to keep things clear mint :

It should be extrated inside extensions right ?

I mean , the structure /mnt/us/extensions/collection should containg every file extracted ?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #40
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Thanks !

But just to keep things clear mint :

It should be extrated inside extensions right ?

I mean , the structure /mnt/us/extensions/collection should containg every file extracted ?
Yes all the files should be extracted to "/mnt/us/extensions/collections" so your folder looks like the attached image.

P.S. - Can you tell me if this works for you?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot from 2012-07-23 20_55_57.png
Views:	383
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	89628  

Last edited by Titano; 07-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #41
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Titano ,

worked prety good , but now i have games and no hidden features... hehehe

maybe thing got too messy on my extensions ...

Iīm thinking on starting over with these extensions , maybe the duplicates are making the problem ...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #42
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Titano ,

worked prety good , but now i have games and no hidden features... hehehe

maybe thing got too messy on my extensions ...

Iīm thinking on starting over with these extensions , maybe the duplicates are making the problem ...
Hm... If you don't want to do that you can go throught all your menu.json and change their priority (Or you could upload your extensions folder and I could try to fix it. If you want me to do that just PM me a link.)
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #43
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Linux Mint FTW!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #44
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Linux Mint FTW!
It's actually my dad's computer (quicken basic 2000 ). I use arch on my computer. I set it up for him and was doing something on my computer so I used his to take the screenshot. I do think linux mint is the best Debian based distro though and I absolutely LOVE cinnamon (Exactly what I've been waiting for in terms of a UI).

Last edited by Titano; 07-23-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #45
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Thumbs up UPDATE

Titano and thread,

After cleaning up the junk of the extensions folder and , not after easy time hitting the head on the wall , I figure out - finaaaaallly - how to and what to trow out .

This last Titanoīs update WORKS SMOOTH here now!

Apps , Games , Hidden stuff and even the [move to /images ]
-- Thanks Titano , you even made it with /images/screnshots ! good to scroll--

What was faulting as we talked , the img viewer and some other misteries of the week, i added manually with no problem at all too

For me it works beautifully! with drawing tool now fully usable its a whole new thing this KT hehehe

Letīs pray for amazon hear us and maybe release a real absolutely fully functional draw tool... [ yeah for me it would be THAT deal ! Imagine if were possible to work on an resizable canvas? Or at least some options of definition... letīs see... letīs se...]

See a screenshot of how it looks now

And keep it rolling !

Thanks for everybody help and patience ! Iīll try to be more usefull than askfull next times! hehehe ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-24T01_00_33-0257.gif
Views:	361
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	89637   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-24T01_00_55-0257.gif
Views:	325
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	89638  

Tags