Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-505
[Kindle Touch] Skype

ok, what we have.
1) skype for nokia n900 works well, but as a part of whole phone functionality
2) n900 uname -a: Linux Nokia-N900 2.6.28-omap1 #1 PREEMPT blablabla ... armv71 unknown.
KT - 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 blablabla... armv71 GNU/Linux
3) n900 has Hildon as Window Manager, so, we can use only core skype, without gui

what if we borrow libs from n900 and write simple gui to get skype on KT?

don't know about nokia n9, it's libs may be helpful, too (but i don't have n9).
wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This has been one of my long term goals. We have the ability to display full screen smooth video on K3 and later (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177455).

I have also figured out how to do smooth video on DX and DXG, but I have not released anything yet.

There is also a "SIP on kindle thread for VOIP":
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174066

For skype, we could borrow code from the video and the VOIP thread, I think...

Skype "desktop api" text protocol: https://developer.skype.com/accessories

It looks like the "skype for asterisk" driver will be killed off in one year:
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/05...e-for-asterisk

After microsoft bought skype, linux support is going away. Go figure.

It seems that some people think you should use Ekiga instead of Skype:
http://brucewagner.wordpress.com/200...nd-truly-free/

... It seems that most of what google is finding for me for arm linux skype is just using the skype text messaging. Although I am interested, I am not finding much useful here. I need more information about what is possible here...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-26-2012 at 05:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@wl., may be this thread on Russian forum will be somehow useful for you.

For non-Russian-speaking: that thread is about of porting of ARM SkypeKit ("headless" version of Skype) on Kindle Keyboard. The first question of topic starter is a Russian idiom for "am I crazy?" And there is no porting result (yet?)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There is also a "SIP on kindle thread for VOIP":
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174066
I was watching that thread, they solved the first set of problems related to the kindle libraries.

Then the thread seemed to sort of die off when they ran into the second set of problems related to the libraries.

That second set of problems (getting the code to work with the audio libraries of the Kindle) may just be a re-play of the tcc library problems or it may be that additional libraries need to be built.

Does not seem like that should be a show (thread) stopper to me.
If any further progress was made, it hasn't been reported here.
Which might only mean that someone else ran out of hobby time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

first try

i tryed the libraries from russian thread. Tutorial #1 is a kind of work...
Quote:
[root@kindle tuto1]# ./linux-armv7-skypekit-voicepcm-novideo&
[root@kindle tuto1]# SkypeRuntime Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Skype Technologies S.A.
SkypeRuntime Version: 4.2/linux-armv7-skypekit-voicepcm-novideo_4.2.1.381_1521302
Proprietary and confidential, do not share this application.
[root@kindle tuto1]# ./tutorial_1
SkypeKit Tutorial, Step 1 - Login with skypename and password.
Creating skype ..
Getting account ..
Logging in..
Login complete.
Press ENTER to log out..
Connect: /tmp/pcm_to_skypekit_key, server: 1, timeout: -1
ServerConnect: listen
ServerConnect: Poll
Connect: /tmp/pcm_from_skypekit_key, server: 0, timeout: 500
ClientConnect: connect
Connect: /tmp/pcm_from_skypekit_key client connect failed
PCM client connection was not established.

SidPCMClient.cpp:43(SkypePCMInterfaceGet): Skypekit will exit.
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
What part of this notice did both you and the "russian thread" not understand?
Quote:
[root@kindle tuto1]# SkypeRuntime Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Skype Technologies S.A.
SkypeRuntime Version: 4.2/linux-armv7-skypekit-voicepcm-novideo_4.2.1.381_1521302
Proprietary and confidential, do not share this application.
Respect for other people's Intellectual Property is an important matter.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
wl.
Enthusiast

i joined to project "Skype for Kindle" in http://skype.com and legally download sdk and other stuff.
what's the problem? sure i will not share development skyperuntime.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
i joined to project "Skype for Kindle" in http://skype.com and legally download sdk and other stuff.
That is not the source and conditions you mentioned in the post I quoted.
A person can only go by what you write, not what your doing.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Hi, wl.

Skype works properly on KT, i compiled skypekitclient from Skype.com without gui application. And now i can make a chat and voice calls. Everything works PERFECT!!!

Quote:
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

It is better to run Skype in that way

./linux-armv5-skypekit-voicepcm-novideo -p 3000 & ./voicepcmhost-loopback & ./skypekitclient -p 3000 -t keypair.pem

Quote:

Last edited by Ehhh; 05-28-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote