Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
markwaltermd
markwaltermd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-T1
Neeing Help With Conversion to MOBI

I've created a blog to share some Christian reading resources. I don't have any experience with some of the more sophisticated ebook development tools. What I've been doing thus far is to convert from MS Word 2010 to an intermediate HTML file; from there, to three output formats: epub, mobi and pdf. I've been using Calibre to automate the conversion from HTML to epub and mobi.

I own a Sony eReader, which supports epub; the epubs that I've made display well on that. I'm having trouble with the Kindle/MOBI format, however, since I've not been able to get working hyperlinks from my manually created "Table of Contents" section in HTML into the Mobi file. I've only been able to check my mobi files using the Kindle Preview application.

Could someone assist me in the basics of getting these mobi files to display correct, with a working TOC and hyperlinks?

My blog is

http://calvinistcafe.blogspot.com/

and it includes all 3 file formats. Any help would be appreciated!
markwaltermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Create the ePub and then convert the ePub to mobi using Calibre. Calibre will build a MOBI TOC from the one in the ePub.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
markwaltermd
markwaltermd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-T1
Thanks! I didn't know it would/could do that! Looks like I'll be needing to update alot of my ebooks on the blog!

Mark
markwaltermd is offline   Reply With Quote