Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Which case should I buy?
Lighted Case 40 62.50%
Simple Case 24 37.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.

Are those torch-carrying villagers outside my window anything to worry about?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I can't really add my vote to the poll, because there's no third option for "Yes."
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #33
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
I just got my hands on the basic KT cover - and I love it. It's light, unlike the old K3 cover, and doesn't add bulk or a lot of weight. I just wish the front flap folded over a tad more easily... but I can live with this.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #34
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm using reading glasses a lot these days, and one of the best benefits of the lighted cover, even when reading in a lighted room, is the extra light improves the clarity of the eInk reader tremendously. I love the lighted case, though the price gave me second thoughts at first. Adding a light to a regular case ends up totally nearly the same as the very sleek, modern, protective lighted case sold by Amazon. I wouldn't buy anything else.

If you're a long way from reading glasses, you'd probably do great without a lighted cover (my son just loves a sleeve), and you'd have many more options for design and style.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just got the Oberon K-3 cover in the mail. Here's how things turned out (pretty well, I think):

Spoiler:
(Click any image for a larger view.)

Here's the new Oberon (K-3) cover:

Attachment 83009

Here's the Kindle Touch in it's lighted cover from Amazon:

Attachment 83010

Here's my weapon:

Attachment 83011

After taking the Kindle out of its cover, I cut the front cover off:

Attachment 83012

Here's the Kindle Touch—with the Amazon lighted cover with the front portion removed—mounted in my Oberon cover. It was a tight fit, but the leather will stretch:

Attachment 83013

It works!

Attachment 83014

Yeah, it's a lot heavier and bulkier now:

Attachment 83015

But is sure is pretty, and I have an Oberon cover with a light that works off the Kindle battery!
Genius! I love the Oberon covers too...but can't see laying out the extra money. I do like the sleekness and modern look of the Amazon lighted cover, but it is not the cover of my dreams. Kudos for you successful experiment!
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Thanks, Bookatarian.

I should stress that it was a Kindle Keyboard (K-3) Oberon cover that I bought for that experiment. A Oberon Kindle Touch cover wouldn't have worked.