Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Tekkish
Tekkish began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook Updates

I was surprised today to see my Nook update automatically, with no choice of my own. Is this normal? And what is the current update? Is there a list of previous and current updates with what specifically changed?
Tekkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
it's normal.

The All-New NOOK Ver1.0.1 is a minor update based on early customer feedback that includes:

Connect more easily to Wi-Fi hotspots
Improved touchscreen responsiveness
Enhanced accuracy of battery meter

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...tes/379002493/
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkish View Post
I was surprised today to see my Nook update automatically, with no choice of my own. Is this normal? And what is the current update? Is there a list of previous and current updates with what specifically changed?
Nook updates are pushed out via WiFi. If you don't want auto updates, then you will need to keep the WiFi turned off.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote